Newbury, MA 01950
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Manufacturing Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $120k
- Job Location: Newbury, MA
- Job#: bh 14173
General Description: Manufacturing Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Production (plant and GMP lab) at the Facility.
Summary of Major Responsibilities:
· Manage daily production operations by generating appropriate production schedules and monitoring activities of Production Supervisor
· Establish and supervise progress toward individual and departmental objectives by daily monitoring, weekly/monthly progress reports and cross functional improvement teams.
· Generate and ensure execution of appropriate operating plans to ensure compliance to budgets and operational guidelines.
· Ensure that operation comply to applicable rules and regulations (EHS, Quality)
Primary Duties: (D) = Daily (W) = Weekly (P) = Periodically
· Generates Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Annual Operations related Plans/Schedules in order to ensure timely production of products and execution of improvement projects. (D)
· Cooperates with Production Supervisor and GMP lab Supervisor to develop, communicate and report the status of operating metrics intended to track the efficiency and effectiveness of associated functions. (P)
· Monitors Operations employee’s compliance to applicable rules and regulations within Human Resource guidelines. Applies discipline where appropriate. (P)
· Manages the overall hiring of Operations related employees through the establishment of accurate job descriptions, comprehensive personnel searches, effective interviews, and prudent hiring. (P)
· Generates and manages operating budgets that comply with targeted quality and earnings objectives. (P)
· Reports Operations Team performance through the generation of Daily Production Meetings and Monthly Progress Reports. (D) (W)
· Cooperates with R&D, Quality Assurance, Sales, and Finance functions to bring new projects to the execution phase and ensures effective post-execution assessment to ensure that cost and quality targets are attained. (D)
· Manages the Operations component of the Continuous Improvement process through the stewardship of improvement teams and the allocation of required resources to meet group goals. (P)
· Write procedures and work instructions as required.
· Attend cross-functional plan meetings to review sales, financial performance etc..
Qualifications and Skills Needed:
BS or MS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, 7+ years of pharma manufacturing experience
Can be a combination of a graduate degree and work experience
·Experienced in supervising the manufacturing operation
· Understanding of purpose and function of plant process equipment.
· Understanding of purpose and function of processing practices.
· Understanding of basic chemistry and formulaic theory.
· Ability to multi-task while keeping operational objectives as the primary motivational factor.
· Ability to weigh multiple sources of information and make a decision that reflects the best interests of the company.
· Good interpersonal skills that ensure effective communication across functional and educational lines.
· Ability to motivate employees to seek a common objective.
· Good organizational and planning skills with a view to strategic goals.
· Understanding of basic good business and financial practices.
·Good problem-solving skills using a sequential methodology to arrive at root cause and determine optimal corrective measures including verification/validation steps.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!