Manufacturing Support Technician
Woonsocket , RI 02896 US
Title: Manufacturing Support Technician
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Contract
- Pay rate: $17-20/hr
- Job Location: Woonsocket, RI
- Job# 16017
SUMMARY: Perform printing, cutting, laminating, and finishing tasks within a manufacturing cell.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and print jobs on Printers, including flatbed, hybrid, and roll printers.
- Operate liquid lamination machines to apply coating to signs and sheets.
- Operate roll-to-roll lamination equipment.
- Operate cutting equipment to convert sheets to finished product (signs, tags, labels, banners).
- Perform finishing operations for signs, tags, labels, and banners. This includes operation of drill-press, round-cornering machine, hole-punch, press brake, and other finishing equipment.
- Perform startup, shutdown, cleaning, and daily maintenance on printing, cutting, lamination, and finishing equipment.
- Perform putaway of finished product for shipping and/or inventory.
- Prepare packages and pallets for shipment.
- Utilize electronic list of work orders to read & understand item specifications, job priorities, and daily workload.
- Utilize KanBan cards to maintain raw material inventory levels.
- Maintain a high level of quality and accuracy throughout all work processes.
- Report machinery status and/or problems to supervisor.
- Remove waste and cut down scrap materials at end of shift.
- Ensure work area is kept neat and clean.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives. Learn and apply LEAN and 5S tools.
- Train and become sufficient at all work processes within the cell.
- Cross-train in other areas of production/shipping.
- Able to work OT occasionally, sometimes mandatory
- Work in other areas of Production/Shipping.
- Inventory / Cycle Counting
COMPETENCIES NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
Customer Focus – Place the needs of the customer as a first priority; demonstrate the skills necessary to meet and exceed expectations.
Job Specific Knowledge and Skills – Acquire and apply knowledge, skills and experience to accomplish results.
Job Motivation – Maintain a high level of interest and enthusiasm for job responsibilities.
Effective Communications – Take the initiative to communicate accurate, up-to-date plans and information to peers, and management. Express thoughts clearly, both verbally and in writing. Listen and understand view of others.
Problem Solving – Identify and solve problems with effective solutions.
Results Orientation – Ensure that one’s own and or others’ work and information are complete and accurate; focus on desired result of one’s own or one’s department’s work.
Flexibility – Be open to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
Initiative – Actively seek opportunities to make a contribution. Take action to achieve goals beyond what is necessarily called for.
Teamwork – Promote cooperation within the department and in interactions with other departments.
Interpersonal Skills – Establish productive, cooperative relationships with peers and management. Understand and respond to other’s needs and priorities. Resolve conflict in positive ways.
Planning, Organizational and Time Management Skills – Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively in an efficient manner. Establish a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School degree or relevant experience preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Bi-lingual is a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Successful completion of a safety orientation
This position requires the use of PPE up to and including rubber gloves, face shield, safety glasses, heat resistance gloves, dust mask and safety shoes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.