Brookside , DE 19702 US
Title: Manufacturing Technician
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $20/hr
- Job Location: Brookside, DE
- Job# 16362
Operate, monitor, and troubleshoot complex equipment and activities in order to ensure production meets all requirements of the area. Works with engineers on set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final assemblies. Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments, or equipment. Responsible for following all operating procedures to the highest standard.
Works collaboratively with manufacturing associates, engineering, quality, and leadership to execute on production requirements. Supports engineering experimentation and operational improvement initiatives as requested. Participates on teams to identify opportunities for improvements within production area. May assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process.
Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks. Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited independent judgment. Has little in decision making responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Maintain and promote a safe work environment at all times. Identify, address, and react to any unsafe or hazardous situation.
- Responsible for meeting quality, efficiency and safety requirements and standards.
- Operate, monitor, and troubleshoot complex equipment and activities in order to ensure production meets all requirements of the area.
- Consistently able to meet standard cycle time for production.
- Read and interpret schematics and blueprints required to ensure proper calibration of equipment.
- Able to apply basic working knowledge of test equipment required within Operations area.
- Report all non-conformances to Team Lead or Supervisor and complete NCEs as appropriate.
- Ensure that processes are executed in a manner which supports all company Quality Standards.
- Participate in root cause investigations with Operations team utilizing basic troubleshooting tools.
- Able to work independently with little supervision on routine tasks within scope of training.
- Able to make limited process decisions within area of training. Partner with senior level technician or Team Lead in decision making process.
- Active participant in managed daily improvement process.
- Maintain and execute 5S within work area.
- Complete all training requirements in a timely manner and maintain accurate training records.
- Conduct inventory transactions to maintain integrity of inventory system.
- Timely and complete processing of work order transactions utilizing Oracle system.
- Utilize Oracle and Agile to retrieve necessary documentation and ensure accurate information.
- Regular and punctual attendance. Ability to adhere to standardized production schedule for position and ability to work overtime to support production needs as necessary.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lifting/moving and carrying products weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- Other (please specify): high voltage electronics, radiation. Ability to work in clean room, controlled environment, and/or dark room.
- High School or General Education Degree (GED)
- May have an Associate Degree
- 0 - 1 years of experience
- Basic working understanding of Microsoft Office platform including Excel, Word, SharePoint, and OneDrive required.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow all written procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- High-level of attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Experience with Oracle ERP system.
- Experience with Agile Product Lifecycle Management system.
- Knowledge of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) handling best practices.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.