Materials Management Coordinator
Boston, MA 02210 US
Title: Materials Management Coordinator
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: 12 months, opportunity for extension
- Job Location: Boston MA - Hybrid
- Job#: bh16015
The Materials Management Coordinator is responsible for performing multiple activities in support of the Pharmaceutical Sciences group. The role applies proficiency in scheduling, shipment, and storage of materials in support of the Pharmaceutical Sciences group.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain all required information to facilitate outgoing shipment of Pharmaceutical Sciences materials by CMSC Materials Management included obtaining required documentation such as SDSs, COAs, BSA/TSE, TSCA statements, etc.
- Complete shipping requests and coordinate with CMSC Materials Management and Logistics teams to ensure shipping transactions are completed in appropriate systems.
- Maintain list of shipping records, including providing shipment tracking updates and history information to all stakeholders on request.
- Develop and manages forecast of significant future shipments and provides advanced notification to appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage PharmSci inputs into materials valuation process.
- Work with appropriate internal and external stakeholders on best practices RE: logistics related issues (including interfacing with trade management providers on customs clearance, duties, value added tax (VAT) issues, etc.)
- Maintain material inventory lists at external storage facilities and manage regular internal review of records to facilitate transfer, sale, destruction of materials as required.
- Regularly interface with other materials management personnel to develop best practices supporting the needs of the Pharmaceutical Sciences organization.
- Associate degree in science or 2+ years in supply chain or logistics.
- 2+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry with at least 1 year in shipping, materials management, production planning or a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle – based systems a plus.