Mechanical Engineer II (Temp-To-Perm or PERM)
Bedford, MA 01862
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Mechanical Engineer II
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $120k
- Job Location: Bedford, MA
- Job#: bh14255
Mechanical Engineer II
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the layout, detailed mechanical design, prototyping, testing, specification, and documentation of thermal processing systems, subassemblies, and components.
- Create 3D mechanical CAD models, drawings, and bills of material for large equipment and subassemblies.
- Actively participate as a global team member with other Engineers, Designers, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Purchasing personnel to complete design projects quickly and cost-effectively.
- Coordinate project tasks and schedules as required.
- Lead projects involving new concepts and approaches to the design of new products.
- Recommend materials and components for inclusion in design specifications based on experience and catalog reference data.
- Solve technical problems with equipment in the field, provide technical expertise to the Sales organization, work with and develop suppliers, interact with and direct engineering activities.
- Study industry standards and ensure that designs are safe and meet applicable industry safety requirements.
- Lead or actively participate in design reviews. Review designs with other Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing personnel as well as equipment users to ensure that designs meet all requirements.
- Prepare and present written, oral, and visual material to support proposals, presentations, design reviews, technical reports, and management updates.
- Develop labor and material cost estimates for proposed projects.
- Keep project and engineering technical information well organized and maintained. Network project folders that will give others easy access to project information as required.
- Plan, perform, direct and document experiments to prove design performance.
- Deal with work processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools in such projects.
- Adhere to all safety policies.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High Temp material selection – A ceramics background would be a plus, along with corrosion experience.
- The understanding of Heat Transfer & Thermodynamics, including phase transitions & chemical reactions.
- Provide the ability to bring together components or sub-systems.
- Post Covid ~10% travel is required domestic and international (Germany, Austria, Malaysia, Taiwan, & others).
- Manufacturing experience helpful.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent 3D CAD modeling skills and large assembly management. Pro-Engineer/Creo preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate with coworkers, management, suppliers, and customers.
- Intensive and diversified knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and practices.
- Able to make good decisions independently on engineering problems, using logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, or approaches to problems.
- Able to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Good understanding of sheet metal and machined part fabrication practices and documentation standards.
- Design experience with gas distribution plumbing in Semiconductor Industry a plus
- Strong ability to work with others and be an active part of a cross-functional team.
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- High attention to detail.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and work to a schedule.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BS in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Engineer I or similar role
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!