Weston, MA 01778
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Mechanical Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $80k
- Job Location: Weston, MA
- Job#: bh 14149
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible to prepare and participate in comprehensive design reviews and ensure that mechanical engineering standards are met, designs are technically viable, risks appropriately identified and mitigation plans are done.
Essential Skills to be a top contributor in this roll
- Prepare for and participate in comprehensive design reviews and ensure that mechanical engineering standards are met, designs are technically viable, risks appropriately identified and mitigation plans are put in place.
- Produce technical reports documenting theory of operation and technical trade-offs in designs as they relate to product requirements and risks.
- Work cross functionally (marketing, clinical, service, manufacturing, regulatory, and quality organizations) to identify and document mechanical product requirements.
- Work within engineering to translate product requirements into mechanical design specifications.
- Develop and maintain the mechanical design requirements and test plans for the project with emphasis on subsystem interfaces and DFx (manufacturable, serviceable, reliable)
- Design machined, sheet metal, and plastic parts from concept to production-ready
- Proficiency in creating detail drawings using ASME Y14.5 standard (GD&T)
- Develop and maintain mechanical subsystem test protocols for design verification and validation
- Develop mechanical: assembly fixturing, manufacturing procedures, test fixturing, and test procedures.
- Ensure the correctness and adequacy of mechanical documentation (requirements, design, test) on assigned projects.
- Execute test and risk mitigation plans to prescribed protocols, documenting results and creating final reports
- Proficiency in SolidWorks required with minimum 3 years’ experience
- Support/Develop manufacturing and quality procedures as well as assembly and test fixturing for designed systems and support manufacturing in pilot builds and trouble-shooting
- Support/Develop service procedures and troubleshooting guidelines as well as fixturing for designed systems and support service during from early commercialization through EOL
- Ensure compliance with design controls, mechanical standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and document analytical models of mechanical subsystem behavior and system interactions, specifically GD&T, critical dimensioning, inspection criteria, tolerance/worst case, FEA, and thermal analysis.
- Take on responsibility as technical project lead managing internal as well as external resources as require
Background required for this role
- BS in mechanical engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5-8 years of related experience in mechanical engineering of complex medical devices, preferably medical capital equipment, through multiple complete product development life cycles from concept through manufacturing transfer
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!