Medical Coding Specialist
Billerica, MA 01730 US
Title: Medical Coding Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: contract to hire
- Pay rate: $23/hr
- Job Location: Billerica, MA
- Schedule: M-F, standard business hours
- Job#: bh15619
To ensure accurate coding for diagnosis documentation and services provided and evaluate medical records determined as unable-to-code by production coders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assign ICD-10 diagnosis and CPT procedure codes while upholding accuracy standards/rationales regarding E/M leveling, diagnosis sequencing and procedure selection
- Identify error trends in coding and elevate to applicable production management teams
- Perform accuracy checks on UAC (Unable to Code) charts to identify non-deficient accounts being held erroneously
- Execute follow-up checks in identified problem areas to ensure coder improvement
- Manage client scrubbers to address CCI and medical necessity edits
- Perform retrospective audits of production team-owned scrubber edit resolutions
- Track functionality of coding software as meeting the needs of general coding principles and client specifications
- Design client-specific reference materials for procedure notes, tracking codes, and provider assignments
- Monitor denials and client inquiries to identify coding issues and address/elevate where applicable
- Establish familiarity with components of all chart constructs and identify deficiencies affecting coding
- Assemble diagnosis category grouping lists to assist in interdepartmental data analysis
- Maintain familiarity with annual industry changes in coding protocol
- Prior medical coding experience or certification required (CPC, CCS, CCA, etc.)
- 1-2 years related experience preferred (including working knowledge of ED billing and prior experience with ICD and CPT coding)
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Intervention radiology coding, multi-specialty background experience a plus
- Ability to access and accurately enter information using word processing and internet software including Laser Fiche
- Ability to work with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to review and complete reports the same day
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and internal staff required.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you shortly.
You may also send your resume and cover letter via email to the recruiter listed below. You MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!