Meetings and Congresses Lead
Boston, MA 02139 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Software Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $65-85/hr
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job# 14422
Meetings and Congresses Lead
The Meetings and Congress Lead has responsibility for leading Meetings & Congress Operations and across all brands globally. This role will monitor and manage the groups’ effectiveness, provide counsel, promote cost savings initiatives, and ensure programs follow consistency and standardization while adhering to controls & compliance guidelines.
This position reports to the Director, Marketing Operations and interacts globally with the Marketing, Sales, Finance, IT, Medical, and Compliance. The role is ideal for someone who thrives in a busy, fast-paced environment and has demonstrated ability handling diverse live event projects in support of multiple brand teams and wants to help build something innovative.
This is an exciting time to join as we launch our COVID-19 vaccine (mRNA 1273) globally to hundreds of millions of patients and experience acceleration in our pipeline and late phase development, thereby poising for substantial growth in the upcoming years. This role will be a key contributor and will have the opportunity to make critical contributions to future success in making a transformative impact to patients through our vaccines and therapeutics using our mRNA platform.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing:
- Establish and maintain business plans and develop positive business relationships with sales and marketing, and other senior management to ensure the plans align with the Commercial Organization’s goals and objectives
- Lead and facilitate business process assessments, making recommendations, socializing, and facilitating the implementation of changes
- Forecasts costs and manages the budget, negotiate favorable pricing with a wide variety of vendors and ensure timely payment of invoices and billing reconciliation, including accruals with Finance
- Create and execute detailed plans for events that include a mix of internal and external personnel as well as booths, meeting rooms, symposia and/or other activities
- Ensure sponsorships of Congresses properly align with the overall Commercial strategy.
- Partner with internal stakeholders including medical, competitive intelligence, publications, research etc. to ensure a seamless congress presence
- Manage vendor activities for fulfillment of conference booths, room blocks, symposia execution, etc.
- Direct and lead the day-to-day activities of Meetings & Congresses
- Evaluate, develop/update and implement department SOPs and processes as needed
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Ability to influence without authority and interact with all levels of internal and external personnel regarding every aspect of Meeting & Congress Management
- Strong organizational and project management skills (multi-tasking is a must)
- Continuous Improvement and/or Change Management skills
- Solid business acumen
- Excellent diplomacy and facilitation skills; ability to influence without authority
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel domestically and International
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 8+ years relevant experience in Commercial and/or congress, conference, or events management.
- Strong analytical ability to solve problems and make recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and leverage relationships by interfacing with and influencing key stakeholders to produce optimal results and impact
- Comfort with ambiguity (e.g., comfortable in the gray)
- Experience working with management and consulting with key business stakeholders, including an ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated a high degree of competence in all elements of the role listed above
- Understanding of best practices across the pharmaceutical industry
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.