Mold Repair Technician
luneburg, MA 01420 US
Title: Mold Repair Technician
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration:TEMP- PERM
- Pay rate: $20-21/hr
- Job Location: Luneburg, MA
- BH# 16091
Mold Repair Technician is a critical role that consists of various tasks vital to our mold manufacturing efforts. It requires a highly skilled hands-on person, with a comprehensive background in the mold repair and preventive maintenance process, with good planning and communication skills. Preventive maintenance (PM) is the regular and routine maintenance of molds in order to keep them running and prevent any costly unplanned downtime from unexpected mold failure.
Mold Repair Technician Responsibilities:
- Perform hands-on tasks using blueprints, and written, and verbal work instructions. You are responsible to operate equipment in a safe manner and achieve the required dimensional accuracy.
- Interface with other personnel to assist in the routing, planning, work instructions, problem-solving, and expediting of mold maintenance and components on assigned jobs. Report and log work time accurately to jobs.
- Develop a plan for your activities, identify risks, establish work priorities, set milestone goals, regularly assess the progress on mold repair/pm and report issues that will affect mold performance.
- Communicate as necessary with your supervisor to verify you will have the components required to meet complication timeline.
- Assembling the mold and getting it ready for testing. Verify fit and functionality of all mechanisms, sliding components, and cooling system.
- Complete inspections of the cores/cavities to verify proper seal offs, dimensions, and finish.
- Troubleshoot issues if they arise and develop a plan to resolve it with your supervisor.
- Make adjustments of components to ensure the mold will perform in testing and production.
- Document all adjustments/changes in IQMS.
- Perform mold disassembly/assembly and machining tasks to develop/fine tune molds, repair molds, and assist others to complete repairs requested.
- Participate in continuous improvements efforts to improve operations and mold process.
Mold Repair Technician Job Requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of molds design types, the fit and function of various types of actions, lifters, ejection system, mold cooling components, latch lock systems, hot runner systems, mold interlocks, guiding systems, etc.
- A range of hands-on precision machining skills on grinders, mills, lathes, and other metal working equipment.
- Experience using all of the tools required when assembling, hoisting, and moving molds.
- Good basic computer skills with the ability to be trained to use software/IGMS to track status and log work time and work completed.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.