Network Engineer (PERM)
Washington , DC 20005 US
Title: Network Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $110-120k
- Job Location: Washington, D.C
- Job#: 15187
This position is a hands-on technical position reporting directly to the Network Manager. The position works closely with the entire Network team, the rest of the IT team and all levels of professional, legal and administrative support staff.
- Develop, configure and maintain workstation and notebook images.
- Work with other Network staff to assist in the daily administration and upgrading of network infrastructure software and hardware.
- Maintain, repair and upgrade desktop workstations and laptops as directed by the Network Manager.
- Maintain hardware inventory of all equipment and peripherals, including spare equipment and equipment in need of repair.
- Organize and monitor the distribution of all such equipment within the Firm.
- Vendor liaison for support and service of various hardware and infrastructure equipment.
- Assist with all Firm-wide backups as needed.
- Provide documentation of configuration specifics for departmental distribution.
- Address Sophos alerts specific to hardware resources assigned to the Washington, DC office.
- Provide hardware and software support to all Firm users as well as onsite support to the Firm’s Washington, DC users 5 days a week.
- Setup audio and video conferences in the Washington, DC office with other Firm locations as well as external participants.
- Assist with other IT projects and initiatives as requested by the Director of IT or the Network Manager.
- College degree or equivalent network experience (2-4 years) in legal/law firm environment preferred.
- SCCM experience with imaging desktops, including software and maintaining and updating multiple images and keeping documentation of same.
- Backup support for multiple servers including AccuRoute, Mimecast and Citrix (with others added as necessary).
- Experience with supporting iManage in a legal or professional environment including administrative tasks such as document imports and folder creation.
- Stellar customer service and support skills; including the ability to work well within a team.
- Experience with audio/video conferencing hardware and software including Zoom and Webex.
- Ability to work successfully and occasionally self-directed on assigned projects.
- Flexible, able to be on-call after business hours as needed.
- Experience with VMware vSphere as well as experience working with virtual server environments.
- Experience with Windows 10, endpoint encryption and protection, Exchange Online, Microsoft 365 administration, IIS, printer support, print server management and experience with server and workstation hardware and software upgrades.
- Experience with administration of network accounts and groups in Active Directory and Azure.
- Experience with TCP/IP, Cisco routers and switches. Experience with backup software.
- Microsoft certifications are a plus.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to one of our recruiters. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!