Network Engineer III
Declezville , CA 91761 US
Title: Network Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp - Perm
- Pay rate: Offsite $30/hr. Prevailing wage day shift $44/hr. Prevailing wage night shift $54/hr.
- Job Location: Declezville, CA
- Job# 16178
The Network Engineer III position provides IT infrastructure engineering for Network and infrastructure upgrades, changes, troubleshooting, relocation, and migrations specializing in advanced Cisco solutions.
- Deploys, migrates, and documents post-sales engagement with customers based on ConvergeOne best practices.
- Collaborates with world class network integrators.
- Assists in the delivery of support and services to customers expectations as proposed.
- Participates in the design, implementation and administration of Cisco infrastructure and related solutions.
- Troubleshoots high end issues with networking, security, and wireless infrastructures.
- Assists in determining specific customer network requirements.
- Assists in developing specific networks, security, and wireless solutions.
- Assists in developing detailed implementation plans.
- Conducts architecture chalk talks and design concepts.
- Facilitates and conducts product demonstrations, webinars, and presentations to customers.
- Must have extensive knowledge of high-performance data center solutions, network infrastructure LAN/WAN, network security, and enterprise wireless infrastructures.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Routers (ISR GEN1/2), Switches (including NEXUS and Catalyst Line), Security Appliance is a strong plus (ASA, ISE, IPS, Prime MARS, NAC).
- Expert knowledge of WAN Circuits, MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, FR/ATM, ACLs, TCP/IP, IPX
- Extensive experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting VLANs using CISCO equipment, to include intimate knowledge of Spanning Tree Protocol, VLAN Trunking Protocol, inter-VLAN routing, IPV6 and trunking with ISL and 802.1q
- Strong knowledge of VPN IPSec/SSL solutions and hands-on deployment experience
- Knowledge of Load Balancing for Web systems and e-commerce uses.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS, NXOS and other technical configurations
- Experience with monitoring, alerting and management tools such as: Ethereal, Solarwinds, Orion Network Monitor, hp OpenView.
- Hands on experience with wired/wireless ISE deployments, ASA, Firepower, AMP, Prime Infrastructure, Security posture assessment, and Security Policy generation is a strong plus.
- Nexus experience: 9K, 7K, 5K, 2K, 1K
- Cisco Experience (4507s-vss, 3750s, 2960s, MPLS, VPLS, PSTN, LAN
- Strong customer facing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience with F5 a plus
- Cisco Certified Systems Engineer (CCIE) in any discipline
- Cisco Certified Systems Engineer (CCIE)
- 10+ years hands on experience in WAN/LAN technologies
- Travel Less than 10%
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities, and activities that the employee is expected to perform as determined and directed by client.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.