Nurse Manager (Memory Care)
Boston, MA 02131 US
Title: Nurse Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: PERM
- Pay rate: $ 47.29 - $66.21/hr
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job# 16268
The Nurse Manager is responsible for oversight of the delivery of clinical care and the provision of excellent quality of life for all patients on their unit. The Nurse Manager ensures patients are assured autonomy, dignity, and choice. They monitor the provision of clinical services and the outcomes of the patients. Responsible for managing day-to-day operations including the oversight of quality outcomes, ensuring adequate and appropriate use of staffing resources, managing budgetary expectations, and mentoring and coaching self-directed work teams. In collaboration with other team members, the Nurse Manager is responsible for the implementation and ongoing success of the model of care in the unit they oversee.
In addition, the Nurse Manager will demonstrate a strong commitment to the philosophy and mission, and recognize the patient’s dignity and choice in all aspects of daily life. They are an active participant in the activities, work, and social environment of the unit, and strive to make every patient encounter into a positive and meaningful experience and opportunity while ensuring the provision of safe and efficient quality care.
I. Core Competencies:
- Demonstrates strong facilitation skills
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to support change
- Demonstrates ability to educate all levels of staff.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and role models leadership principles.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and able to manage day to day operations
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve and manage staffing patterns and budget
- Demonstrates commitment to clinical excellence and quality.
II. Position Responsibilities:
- Actively support the elements of person centered care.
- Provide leadership and role modeling that fosters an environment of creativity and problem solving to ensure independence, choice, and dignity for the patients.
- Ensure ongoing communication to staff.
- Act as a communication liaison for upper management and front-line staff.
- Actively seek out communication opportunities using creativity and available communication processes (i.e. email).
- Foster teamwork and collaboration with all members of the health care team.
- Mentor team members to consistently achieve high level of collaboration.
- Maintain or exceed clinical outcomes through monitoring, mentoring, and education of best practices.
- Assure clinical services are provided as intended to patients to maintain the highest level of wellness possible.
- Communicate progress of outcomes on a regular basis.
- Assist staff in designing action plans and incorporate process improvement into decision making process for areas requiring additional improvement.
- Provide input to budget development.
- Participate in the achievement of the nursing department budgetary goals by supporting occupancy goals, expense management, and streamlining of processes and systems to enhance work flow efficiencies.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Lead by example and mentor all staff in the appropriate use of coaching and communication techniques.
- Responsible for hiring and developing staff who are empowered members of self-directed work teams.
- Foster and support activities that promote engagement and opportunities for professional growth of all members of the team
- Oversee the scheduling of unit staff and ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained to ensure the achievement of organizational and floor specific goals.
- Support creative problem solving and facilitate implementation of identified plans.
- Maintain compliance with HSL/HRC policies and proactively implement changes to new or modified policies.
- Educate team with all changes.
- Actively participate in committees and task forces and communicate progress and updates to keep staff informed.
- Evaluate the performance and growth of staff.
- Provide mentoring and develop measurable goals that improve staff performance.
- Attend ongoing leadership and professional workshops, conferences, and classes to further develop leadership and management skills.
- Associate degree in nursing required. Bachelors/ Master’s degree preferred.
- Current Massachusetts RN license in good standing or in the process of obtaining an RN license.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant clinical/management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and observational skills
- Must be flexible and open to change
- Commitment to excellence.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!