Principal Engineer, App Services - 1000484
Lexington, MA 01803 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Principal Engineer, APP Services
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Principal Engineer-App ServicesPerm
- Design and develop large-scale, distributed systems and scalable real time, fault tolerant, high throughput message and event driven services
- Develop robust data storage solutions around NoSQL databases
- B.S or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in developing large-scale software/network systems and services software on all platforms
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm and object-oriented design, problem solving, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Extensive working experience with development, debugging and testing multi-threaded applications on distributed systems.
- Thorough understanding of IP networking and socket-based programming
- Excellent C++ developer and debugging skills
- Experience developing software in the fastpath and packet forwarding (IPv4 & IPv6, VPN, VLAN, MPLS Label etc. .) components of a networking device, including flow processing functions such as filtering, QoS, NAT, Firewall etc.
- Knowledge of layer-2 switching and layer-3 routing concepts and protocols (BGP4, BGP4+, OSPFv2, OSPFv3)
- Ability to deliver clean, modular code quickly and efficiently
- Strong background in developing networking software applications on Linux/Unix.
- Familiarity with ZooKeeper and Cassandra
- Working experience with C++11/14
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and able to adapt and thrive in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Sense of humor
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!