Principal Research Associate, Molecular Biology/Gene Editing - San Diego CA - 14416
La Mesa , CA 92121 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Principal Research Associate
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $35/hr
- Job Location: La Mesa, CA
- Job#: bh 14155
Principal Research Associate
Principal Research Associate – Molecular Biologist/Gene Editing
Seeking a highly motivated Molecular Biologist to join our drug discovery team.
This position will focus on implementing molecular biology techniques to support ongoing and future genome editing research efforts towards the discovery and development of both small-molecule and genetic-based therapies.
The successful candidate should have technical expertise in [or be able to quickly learn] a wide range of molecular biology techniques including cell/tissue handling, DNA/RNA extraction, IHC/RNAscope, qPCR, library preparation for next generation sequencing, FACS, and downstream data curation and interpretation. The candidate will be required to prepare reagents as well as plan and document experiments with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment. The position requires creativity, flexibility, and a strong work ethic.
Ideal candidates should be able to conduct genome editing projects in a variety of disease areas and cellular systems, effectively troubleshoot technical problems and be able to collect, interpret and present the data in both written and oral form to a varied audience. The applicant will be integrated into a dynamic drug discovery team in a fast-paced program that includes cell biologists, pharmacologists, biochemists, structural biologists and engineers.
- Executes and interprets experiments with a high degree of reliability
- Conducts experimental troubleshooting on complex workflows
- Present studies at internal Group/Department or Project Team research meetings
- Data management, curation, and statistical analysis of experimental data
- Effectively multi-task across multiple projects and experimental systems and be adaptable enough to rapidly change directions with regards to ongoing research projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Proven technical pro?ciency and demonstrated skill in designing, executing, and interpreting molecular biology and next generation sequencing experiments.
- Technical expertise in DNA/RNA extraction, qPCR, immunolabeling and/or RNAscope with imaging, and next-generation sequencing.
- Experience with primary cells and stem cell cultures, neurobiology background is a plus.
- In depth understanding of CRISPR-based gene editing principles.
- Must be able to survey relevant scienti?c literature to maintain awareness of issues and find solutions to scientific or technical problems
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively within highly interdisciplinary teams
- Effective communicator (written and verbal), especially within their technical area(s).
Education and Experience:
- PhD with 0-1 years of experience, Master’s Degree with 1-3 years’ experience, Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of experience
- Experience in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related disciplines
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perf