Process Development Engineering Sr. Scientist (PERM) - Providence RI
Providence , RI 02905
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Process Development Engineering Sr. Scientist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: PERM
- Pay rate: $125k annually
- Job Location: Providence RI
- Job#: bh13110
Process Development Engineering Sr. Scientist
This role will focus on the development of implantable cell encapsulation devices for delivering proprietary cells. The successful candidate will join the Process Development Team and work on process development, optimization, process scale-up, and technology transfer of novel products and processes into Manufacturing. The position will be located in Providence, R.I.
- Design and development of equipment, processes, and control systems, used for production and assembly of cell encapsulation devices.
- Manage the evaluation and selection of new equipment/technologies or modifications to existing systems to consider new processing technologies.
- Support ongoing optimization and improvement in equipment/systems/processes for long term robustness and reliability.
- Establishes operating specifications, defines process windows, and improves manufacturing techniques/processes.
- Provide support to non-engineering Staff, including those from R&D and Manufacturing, to ensure successful technology transfer and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for writing and reporting of Protocols, Reports, SOP’s and Work Instructions, as required, and conducts or coordinates testing and execution of identified activities.
- Statistically characterizes processes and implement controls to ensure repeatability and consistency.
- Design 3D CAD models, create drawings and collaborate with vendors to produce prototype and production parts. Perform engineering analyses and relevant physical testing on designs.
- Provide hands-on, troubleshooting, process, and manufacturing assistance in support of a rapid development cycle and manufacturing sustainability.
- Execute assigned duties on time and within budget; pro-actively telegraph delays and other issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Comply with all regulatory, corporate, and Quality System policies and complete other projects and/or assignments as required.
- Support Deviation Management, C.A.P.A., and Change Control activities, as required.
- Comply with all Regulatory, Corporate and Quality System policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.S or M.S in engineering or another relevant discipline.
- 8+ years of experience (5+ years with Masters) working on process development and optimization within a medical device environment.
- Understanding of c.G.x.P principles and practices and familiarization with ISO 13485, ISO 14971, and 21C.F.R.820 is a plus. Knowledge of global GMP requirements governing device or combination products.
- Experience with 3D CAD software, preferably with Solidworks, is preferred.
- A strong understanding of statistical principles is required, as are strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Hands-on approach to problem solving, risk identification and resolution. Six-sigma Green Belt / DMAIC problem solving experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently with adequate supervision, multi-task, and support several projects simultaneously.
- Sense of urgency, ability to act/escalate promptly, and transparently communicate issues to involved stakeholders and management.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, presentation, and teamwork skills.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!