Product Development Engineer
Warwick, RI 02907 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title Product Development Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $100-150k
- Job Location: Warwick, RI
- Job# 14490
Product Development Engineer
Nature of Role:
Reporting to the Director of Product Development (Diagnostics portfolio), the Product Development Engineer is responsible for leading the execution of diagnostics device development projects to completion as well as managing and mentoring technical resources. The role delivers technical execution and managerial guidance, as well as independent technical deliverables, necessary to facilitate the achievement of project milestones. Although the role of the Product Development Engineer is targeted toward technical acumen, the role requires project management and client relationship skill as well.
Within the role of the Engineer, Product Development, he/she/they will:
- Lead the execution of product development projects, and resources thereof, through all phases of development according to the project plan/contract.
- Develop, disseminate, and execute strategies that successfully fulfill complex design specifications as well as quality and regulatory requirements according to the scope of project contract.
- Lead multidiscipline technical teams through the process of designing and developing electro-mechanical equipment with a high degree of competence and experience.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal subject matter experts (SMEs) to facilitate proper (i.e. technically sound) execution of programmatic deliverables.
- Communicate technical program status and elevate programmatic issues to appropriate Director of Product Development.
Our fast-paced environment demands the ability to manage multiple projects within various disciplines and deadlines. High-energy, self-starter, collaborative individual with the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills among clients, direct reports, colleagues, and senior leaders.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of stage gate product development following ISO9001/ISO13485
- Ability to lead technical task completion, issue resolution, and design reviews.
- Ability to dependently contribute/execute tasks associated with the design of electro-mechanical equipment with a high degree of competence and experience (i.e. able to independently contribute [consistent with candidate’s area formal education] to technical deliverables).
- Understands, and is able to apply expertise towards satisfying, the rigors and requirements of Design Verification and Validation.
- Computer skills shall include proficiency of the following:
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
Education & Professional Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited College/University (e.g. Product Design, Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Biomedical).
- Skills consistent with at least 8+ years of experience with the following:
- Technical product design and engineering
- Technical project leadership (i.e. lead technical resource)
- Technical management and mentoring (i.e. assisting and mentoring resources assigned to the project)
- Programmatic reporting and presentation of technical work. Balanced with business acuity with regard to presenting to clients.
- Phase driven product development (Concept-to-Market)
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!