Product Engineering Technician (Chemist)
Pawtucket , RI 02903 US
Title: Product Engineering Technician
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: TEMP
- Pay rate: $25-30/hr
- Job Location: Pawtucket, RI
- Job# 16177
We are seeking a talented individual to join the Device Synthesis group within Research & Development supporting the Type 1 Diabetes program. This role will focus on polymer synthesis and materials characterization for the continued development of the T1D device program. The individual will be required to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and will have the ability to utilize a variety of analytical tools as well as perform a variety of laboratory procedures according to prescribed protocols with an evolving ability to work independently.
- Support in the manufacture of Medical Devices in an ISO 7/8 Environment, ensuring compliance with all Cleanroom Practices in each Unit Operation.
- Perform polymerization reactions using various chemicals in a laboratory hood according to prescribed work instructions.
- Conduct polymer hydration testing.
- Complete and compile polymerization reaction Batch Records including reaction observations and communicate observations with supervisor.
- Characterize materials and Medical Device prototypes, including mechanical testing, viscosity testing, FTIR, DSC, SEM, TGA and other evaluations as necessary
- Maintain glassware by cleaning and washing.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment in labs, by behaving according to laboratory procedures that align with Vertex guidelines.
- Comply with all Vertex Policies including Health, Safety, and Environmental Regulations, Personal Protective Equipment Requirements, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prioritize and plan work activities, and adapt to changing schedules and other conditions, as required.
- Two-year degree in Engineering, Biotechnology/Pharmaceuticals or relevant technical field; High School Diploma with 2-4 years relevant experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with ability to effectively communicate with multiple teams.
- Proven ability to monitor own Work Product, ensuring quality, accuracy, and thoroughness; able to self-motivate and work independently or as part of a larger Team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task; comfortable with changing work environments and priorities.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and collaborative, with excellent time management and communication skills.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!