Production Chemist I
San Diego , CA 92121 US
Title: Production Chemist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $20-25/hr
- Job Location: San Diego, CA
- Job# 15121
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below-mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Antibody and Protein Purification using various HPLC methods.
- Conjugation and buffer exchange processes (Tangential Flow Filtration).
- Manufacture complex bulk formulations for diagnostic kit reagents.
- Responsible for sub-assembly formulation.
- Prepares and/or processes raw materials.
- Performs in-process testing of bulk solutions.
- Maintains detailed device history records and training logs.
- Ensures proper transportation, handling, and disposal of hazardous and/or bio-hazardous substances.
- Operates and calibrates all general lab equipment.
- Completes ERP transactions.
- Maintains measures and dispenses materials.
- Order equipment, supplies, and services as needed
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lifting/moving and carrying products weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration, and/or moderate noise levels.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- Safety Shoes with Impact and Compression Protection Must be worn.
- Exposure to blood.
- Other (please specify): Sedentary work involves sitting the majority of time.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree and 0-1 years related experience
- Experience: Basic knowledge of QSR & ISO requirements, Basic computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Time management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of record keeping and mathematics
- Knowledge of laboratory practice, procedures, techniques, instruments, and equipment.
- Knowledge of cGMP
- Working knowledge of laboratory safety.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.