Production Manager - Machining (PERM)
DANVERS, MA 01915 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Production Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $97-135K
- Job Location: Danvers. MA
- Job#: bh13942
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The incumbent may be required to perform all or a combination of the following essential functions as determined by business necessity.
- Manage all production machining operations with a focus on continuous quality improvement, on-time delivery, efficiency, lower costs and support of all internal and external customers. This includes staffing levels and training.
- Shop functions include CNC Mill/Lathes, ECG grinding, EDM, Laser welding, finishing, some assembly and manual machining functions
- Develop and implement plans to
- Significantly decrease turnaround time to lower required inventory
- Maximize output with existing staff
- Support company growth
- Eliminate downstream downtime due to empty kanbans that the shop supplies
- Analyze cost savings comparing insourcing and outsourcing
- Work with quality and manufacturing engineering to continuously reduce NCPs and evaluate processes via root cause analysis.
- Apply knowledge and experience with continuous improvement, statistical process control (SPC) and lean manufacturing processes such as value stream mapping, 5S, mistake-proofing and Kaizen blitz.
- Develop and maintain metrics for machining operations, such as OEE, Utilizations, efficiencies, etc.
- Define and/or approve machining specifications, procedures and validations
- Develop staff via
- Performance evaluations
- Training as appropriate
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: In addition to the essential functions listed above, the incumbent may be required to perform other non-essential functions. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
- BS in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering, with a focus on machining operations, or equivalent experience. BSME preferred.
- 5 years progressive supervisory or management experience, preferably in a regulated industry such as ISO 13485 is a plus.
- Experience developing and executing material flow plans to achieve production requirements.
- Familiarity with CNC programming methodologies and cellular manufacturing a plus.
- Project management, equipment procurement and machining operation experience.
- Superior people skills needed to effectively interface with employee issues, customer needs and supplier issues as they relate to production requirements.
- Proven record of accomplishment of operational improvements including cycle time reductions, tooling cost improvements and performance output.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!