Sutton, MA 01527 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Purchasing Agent
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $26.68-$37.89/hr
- Job Location: Sutton, MA
- Job# 14565
The Purchasing Agent will be skilled and committed in all purchasing activities and daily reporting associated with the operation and maintenance of the systems and equipment at a modern wastewater facility. The Purchasing Agent will interact with vendors, equipment suppliers, and engineers in negotiating prices and determining the technicality of purchases.
Skilled and committed in all purchasing and inventory control activities and daily reporting associated with the operation and maintenance of the systems and equipment at a modern wastewater facility. Must be capable of using and maintaining a computer-based maintenance management system. Applies creative purchasing techniques, identifying bulk purchasing and volume discount opportunities, while aggressively negotiating contract pricing to reduce costs. Establishes computer-based inventory management systems and maintains detailed inventory records and controls. Interacts with staff to determine needed supplies. Interacts with outside vendors, equipment suppliers, and engineers to negotiate the purchase of all consumables, materials, and equipment in support of facility and system operation and maintenance. Reports to Finance Manager.
- Establishes and maintains purchasing program, including the specification, requisition, and purchase approval process. Ensures requisitioned chemicals for maintenance, consumables, supplies, materials, and spare parts are ordered and available on site to support scheduled operation and maintenance activities.
- Review’s part diagrams and equipment O&M manuals with maintenance personnel to identify needed parts.
- Maintains a cost effective and sufficient inventory of all materials, supplies, and spare parts, while maintaining control over minimum and maximum quantities in inventory.
- Reviews and uses a computer-based management system to anticipate parts and consumables for planned maintenance.
- Coordinates vendor site visitations with appropriate departments.
- Follows all procedures and protocol for receiving incoming materials and returning outgoing materials.
- ? Thorough knowledge of computer applicatio
Education & Experience:
- Associates degree in a related technical or business administration field preferred.
- Knowledge of Massachusetts Chapter 30B procurement practices (and ability to obtain and maintain MCPPO certification needed.)
- Course work in a related area of computer applications.
- Five years of combined experience in general mechanical, construction, or electrical maintenance work.
- Manufacturing experience highly preferred
- Skilled in use of personal computers with knowledge of database use, word processing, and windows based operating systems
- Knowledge of inventory control and materials management practices.
- Experience working with database management and/or inventory control software
- Knowledge of cost-effective purchasing processes and familiarity with industry vendors and suppliers
- Knowledge of how to order, handle, store and inventory equipment, supplies, materials, parts and tools used in the operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment facilities.
- Ability to understand and interpret vendor manuals, technical literature, and equipment specifications.
- Ability to work cooperatively with, train and assist others.
- Exemplary personnel reviews and work attendance.
- Carrying up to 50-80 lbs
- Lifting up to 50-80 lbs
- Airborne particles
- Biological hazards
.When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!