Purchasing Specialist, Aerospace Manufacturing
Harvard , MA 01434 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Purchasing Specialist, Aerospace Manufacturing
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $75-100k
- Job Location: Harvard, MA
- Job# 14453
Purchasing Specialist, Aerospace Manufacturing
Obtains the best quality, service, and value for products and services through effective bidding, negotiation, and supplier management. Responsible for developing, negotiating and administering highly complex and high-risk subcontracts, ensuring compliance on supplier cost, schedule, legal and performance criteria.
- Selects qualified suppliers and manufacturers and develops new supply sources of high dollar value, long lead time, critically needed parts, equipment, materials, or service.
- Acts as chairperson of the quotation/proposal evaluation/selection committee and presents the results for appropriate management review.
- Performs material planning duties related to assigned commodity including lead-time maintenance, analyzing material requirements, asset management, and other associated activities.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by selecting suppliers to participate in development activities aimed at obtaining cost effective, producible, reliable decisions.
- Solicits and evaluates proposals/quotations from suppliers and negotiates prices and terms to achieve optimum results for the company.
- Prepares and conducts market surveys and bidder conferences to gather or provide information necessary to select subcontractors.
- Assembles pre-award documentation required for anticipated subcontracts.
- Develops company negotiation strategies based on an evaluation of cost and pricing data.
- Conducts fact finding investigations.
- Negotiates long-term contract agreements with key suppliers to obtain effective prices, terms, products, and services.
- Plans and conducts major contract negotiations
- Prepares subcontracts, statement of work, supplier data requirement lists, contractual documents and amendments as required to comply with contract specifications.
- Conducts supplier site visits and evaluates them as to production capability, performance, delivery, and other key business criteria.
- May support or lead supplier certification surveys as part of a technical and/or quality team.
- Processes purchase requisitions and issues purchase orders that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms, and conditions as negotiated with suppliers.
- May include orders with international suppliers and/or subcontractors involving import/export trade.
- Applies and may lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve the efficiency of internal systems and processes within the division.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements improvement initiatives with key suppliers. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses.
- Analyzes proposed changes in methods.
- Administers subcontracts by interpreting and implementing the terms, conditions, and/or provisions of the purchasing agreements.
- Develops and administers all reporting procedures with subcontractors on rates of expenditure and analyzes such expenditures against allowed budgeted amounts.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing trade publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions.
- Complies with Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM) policies and procedures.
- Acts as consultant to management on major matters. Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects.
- Identifies mentoring needs. Trains and mentors less experienced employees.
- May provide leadership to others in department or to ad-hoc teams.
- May serve as functional expert.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on specific projects. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g., continuous improvement).
- Education and Experience Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration or related field (e.g., finance, law/contract law; program management), or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through eight or more years of increasingly responsible experience in contract administration or procurement.
- Certificate in Purchasing Management (CPM) or Contracts Management desired.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Advanced, specialized knowledge of material requirements planning methods, principles, industry practices, and policies.
- Knowledge of complex legal and regulatory requirements related to government procurement regulations, or similar commercial or FAA requirements.
- Ability to effectively assess, lead, and implement continuous improvement in critical and/or high-impact areas.
- Proficient with standard business application software and specialized purchasing and/or materials systems (e.g., electronic data interface (EDI) or manufacturing resource planning (MRP) systems).
- Ability to work on complex problems where in-depth analysis and evaluation of situations or data frequently require complicated negotiations.
- Ability to solve a wide range of unique problems of considerable scope and complexity that may require new approaches or significant modification of standard procedure.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex policies and recommend changes to procedures.
- Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from subcontractors, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to communicate effectively and make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on complex topics to division management, bidders, suppliers, and customers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements.
Drug-Free Workplace In accordance with policies and applicable state laws, provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.