QC Inspection Supervisor
Hudson , MA 01752 US
Title: QC Inspection Supervisor
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $30-35/hr
- Job Location: Hudson, MA
- Job# 15066
The Mechanical Quality Control Technician skills include:
performs, documents, and reports all manufacturing material inspections and testing activities and assists in identifying causes for poor quality. This position ensures that all required quality specifications for manufactured optics products and incoming raw materials are met and documented.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain accurate documentation of all inspection & test results and ensure they are properly recorded.
- Perform work-in-process (WIP) inspection on semi-finished products, and document results as required.
- Use automated and hand-held instruments to measure optics quality dimensions and take appropriate actions according to procedures.
- Use CMM and hand-held instruments to measure mechanical dimensions and take appropriate actions according to procedures.
- Perform document control duties which include updating, issuing, and reviewing quality documents, and Work Instructions as required.
- Verify all testing equipment is appropriately maintained and calibrated.
- Verify all necessary testing supplies and tools are stocked appropriately.
- Perform and document all incoming material using inspection instructions and record results in the ERP system.
- Calibrate in-house instruments on schedule using work instructions and prepare shipment for external calibration in collaboration with Supply Chain.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all test results and ensure proper data and paperwork is recorded.
- Complete all customer required quality forms on-time and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Complete Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMR) as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Interface with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Shipping & Receiving and Engineering regularly to make certain testing requirements and priorities are understood.
- Assist in evaluating products for aberrations or trends that may lead to failure in the future and initiate preventive actions as needed.
- Follow safety and 5S program in all QC areas.
- 5 years quality control experience.
- Ability to supervise/lead inspection technicians
- assist Jr level inspectors
- Maintain documentation
- Interface regularly with management
- Associate’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent applicable work experience is a plus.
- Experience in optics manufacturing is preferred.
- Understanding of ISO process, certification, and compliance required.
- Experience with optics analytical test equipment is a plus.
- Ability to use standard measuring devices for quality inspections.
- Computer literate, proficiency with Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, specifically).
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Fast learner with excellent time management skills.
- Must be adaptable to rapidly shifting priorities and testing schedules.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!