QC Inspector I
Bethel, CT 06810 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: QC Inspector
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp
- Pay rate: $18.50-27.50/hr
- Job Location: Bethel, CT
- Job# 16428
- Performs inspection of purchased parts, materials, components, and equipment as materials are received from vendors or subcontractors. Determines or assists in determining methods, sequences, and procedures necessary for inspection. Works from drawings, sketches, and specifications. Adapts inspection measuring devices and procedures where necessary.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment. Has little or no role in decision making.
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks. Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Works under close supervision.
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below-mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Support the receiving of incoming materials including offloading and organizing material, performing visual and dimensional inspections, and quantity verifications.
- Document the acceptability conditions of incoming materials in PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) system.
- Generate NCE’s for any non-conforming material identified during the inspection process.
- Identify and recommend disposition on nonconforming materials.
- Assure adequate and effective material status control at all times.
- Maintain and execute FIFO within work area. Move materials as required using standard material handling equipment. Release product in ERP system to released location.
- Maintain and promote a safe work environment at all times. Identify, address, and react to any unsafe or hazardous situation.
- Complete all training requirements in a timely manner and maintain accurate training records.
- Regular and punctual attendance. Ability to adhere to standardized production schedule for position and ability to work overtime to support production needs as necessary.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lifting/moving and carrying products weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials. Exposure to chemicals is related to cleaning products (IPA) or other cleaning agents.
- Safety Shoes with Impact and Compression Protection Must be worn in designated areas.
- High School or General Education Degree may have associate degree.
- Zero- 1 Years
- Experience with Oracle ERP or Agile Product Lifecycle Management System is beneficial.
- Previous quality assurance or manufacturing experience is beneficial.
- Experience in FDA regulated medical device environment is beneficial.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Work, SharePoint and OneDrive, data entry and ERP systems.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow all written procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- High-level of attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to use quality control tools such as measuring tapes, calipers, micrometers, scales, gauges, microscopes, etc.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Familiarity with product specifications, blueprints and schematics is beneficial.
- Familiarity with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and GDP (Good Documentation Practices) is beneficial.
- Must follow all applicable FDA regulations and ISO requirements.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.