Hudson, MA 01752 US
Title: QC Inspector
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: TTP
- Pay rate: $25/hr
- Job Location:Hudson, MA
- Job# 15988
The Quality Control Technician performs, documents, and reports all manufacturing material inspections and testing activities and assists in identifying causes for poor quality. This position ensures that all required quality specifications for manufactured optics products and incoming raw materials are met and documented.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain accurate documentation of all inspection & test results and ensure they are properly recorded.
- Perform work-in-process (WIP) inspection on semi-finished products, document results as required.
- Use automated and hand-held instruments to measure optics quality dimensions and take appropriate actions according to procedures.
- Use CMM and hand-held instruments to measure mechanical dimensions and take appropriate actions according to procedures.
- Perform document control duties which include updating, issuing and reviewing quality documents, and Work Instructions as required.
- Verify all testing equipment is appropriately maintained and calibrated.
- Verify all necessary testing supplies and tools are stocked appropriately.
- Perform and document all incoming material using inspection instructions and record results in the ERP system.
- Calibrate in-house instruments on schedule using work instructions and prepare shipment for external calibration in collaboration with Supply Chain.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all test results and ensure proper data and paperwork is recorded.
- Complete all customer required quality forms on-time and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Complete Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMR) as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Interface with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Shipping & Receiving and Engineering regularly to make certain testing requirements and priorities are understood.
- Assist in evaluating products for aberrations or trends that may lead to failure in the future and initiate preventive actions as needed.
- Follow safety and 5S program in all QC areas.
- Ensure that all duties are performed in a timely manner consistent with applicable quality requirements, safety guidelines, and applicable procedures.
- Complete all product tests and inspections for internal and customer compliancy on-time.
- Develop a strong knowledge of all standards and specifications which relate to Focused Solutions products.
- Perform scrap transactions on-time as required.
- Provide recommendations for improving quality of process and components.
- 5 years quality control experience.
- Ability to work with minimum of supervision, including prioritizing of work.
- Associate’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent applicable work experience is a plus.
- Experience in optics manufacturing is preferred.
- Understanding of ISO process, certification, and compliance required.
- Experience with optics analytical test equipment is a plus.
- Ability to use standard measuring devices for quality inspections.
- Computer literate, proficiency with Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, specifically).
- Position requires a person who is meticulous and quality conscious; motivated and creative problem solver.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Fast learner with excellent time management skills.
- Possess creative problem solving skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be adaptable to rapidly shifting priorities and testing schedules.
- Technical learning
- Peer relationships
- Ethics and values
- Integrity and trust
- Priority settings
- Action oriented
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!