QC Specialist / Sr. Scientific Associate - 17240
Boston, MA 02210 US
Title: QC Specialist / Sr. Scientific Associate
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: 12+ month contract, extensions possible
- Pay rate: $40 - $50/hr based on experience
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job#: bh15105
QC Specialist / Sr. Scientific Associate
In order to set expectations and to the extent permitted by applicable law, please note that if an applicant is hired for this position, the applicant will be required to prove that the applicant has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to any qualified religious or medical exemptions. Please note that the employer reserves its rights to mandate additional vaccine requirements at any time.
This role provides testing support for the QC environmental monitoring and utilities monitoring (EM/UM) laboratory supporting oral dose and cell therapy GMP manufacturing facilities. Specific assigned persons are responsible for hands-on environmental monitoring and utilities sampling and testing while ensuring activities occur in an efficient and cGMP compliant manner.
- Collect, transport and process environmental monitoring of air, surface, personnel gowning, water, gas, and steam systems samples according to established schedules or as requested with minimal supervision.
- Perform microbiological (Bioburden) and chemical assays (Endotoxin, Total Organic Carbon, Conductivity, and Nitrates), related to clean room monitoring, utility monitoring independently following established methodology, procedures, and SOPs.
- Analyze organisms on cultured media from environmental monitoring and utility samples
- Maintain accurate sampling and testing records and adhere to cGMP/GDP expectations
- Participate in executing method validations and/or classified areas qualifications.
- Troubleshoot microbiological and chemical methods with the assistance of supervisor when necessary
- May be required to author and review data, procedures, microbiological and chemical methods, protocols, reports, deviations, and other quality records.
- Participates in compliance related teams working towards the goal of continuous improvement.
- Provide environmental monitoring and utilities monitoring guidance for training to junior staff or other departments.
- Perform maintenance of instrument/ equipment calibration, temperature monitoring, reagent preparation, material and supply ordering and other general lab related responsibilities, as needed.
- Assists in everyday organization of the EM/UM laboratory including safety, cleaning, maintenance, and ordering of supplies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVEL:
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in science (i.e., microbiology or related discipline) is required.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in GMP pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry with at least 2 years of laboratory experience (microbiology and environmental monitoring preferred).
- Knowledge of US and EU cGMP regulations/guidance and some experience with regulatory agency inspections.
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical microbiology methods and/or sterile techniques and applying/interpretation of GMP requirements. Expertise with bioburden testing, endotoxin content testing, plate enumeration, growth promotion, etc. on a variety of sample types, related to environmental and clean utilities monitoring is required.
- Proficient in chemical assays (Total Organic Carbon, Conductivity, and Nitrates)
- The ability to work well on a team in a fast-paced environment, manage priorities and maintain timelines for multiple projects is essential.
- Strong attention to detail, proactive, action oriented and can rapidly adapt to a change
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, at all levels and across various functions.
- Have hands on experience using and improving Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN)
- Ability to work weekends and off-shift hours, as needed.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!