Quality Engineer I
Harvard , MA 01434 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Quality Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $70-95k
- Job Location: Harvard, MA
- Job# 14587
Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality standards and evaluation methods for products and processes. Provides moderately complex statistical information for quality improvement by determining and applying testing methods and criteria. Coordinates and guides technical evaluations, analysis, and related data acquisition processes to ensure division quality objectives are achieved.
- Assesses quality performance (or cost-of-quality) using statistical and analytical methods. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, reliability, and accuracy of products, processes, and production equipment.
- Develops and establishes quality systems and procedures, inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans cost estimates, and technical quality plans for proposals. Ensures that project and/or process control documentation is compliant with requirements and/or contract.
- Assesses the cost of, and determines the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications by performing statistical analyses. May establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error and determining levels of confidence.
- Assures the timely processing of nonconforming materials and assists in the disposition process by participating in failure analysis and corrective action investigations as a member of the Material Review Board.
- Coordinates with customers and suppliers relating to quality performance, trends and corrective action. Verifies compliance and effectiveness of the quality system by performing supplier audits and surveys. May initiate programs to improve supplier performance.
- May design or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment, and conduct quality assurance tests. Develops experiments by applying factorial or other techniques as appropriate for product or process.
- Participates on product development teams to review engineering releases and changes, manufacturing methods, planning, and process specifications as it relates to product quality.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods. Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data.
- Develops statistical process controls by applying and maintaining applicable control charts. Analyzes data and trends by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to areas of production.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and making recommendations. Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, maintaining American Society for Quality certification, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions. Provides information and develops corrective action measures by interfacing with customers and regulatory agencies and assisting in internal and external audits.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents Company on specific projects. Mentors’ new employees. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g., continuous improvement).
Job Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and Experience | Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through two or more years of related experience.
- American Society for Quality certification desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Practical knowledge of state-of-the-art inspection and quality engineering/assurance techniques, procedures, instruments, equipment, theories, principles and concepts and general business operations.
- Knowledge of aerospace industry or similar industry products and legal and regulatory requirements related to field.
- Ability to effectively apply continuous improvement principles and techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
- Ability to use standard business software applications and/or specialized data analysis tools.
- Ability to work on a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of the situation or data requires thorough identification of factors and analysis of impact; work within general work objectives regarding projects and team goals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals, and financial reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management; respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to interpret a broad variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form that include several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to use full discretion in selecting procedures and techniques to apply to work and determine priority and order of assignments.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- The employee may be required to travel to vendors or customers including overnight trips.
.When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.