Quality Manager (PERM)
Bedford, MA 01862
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Quality Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $88k
- Job Location: Bedford, MA
- Job#: bh14257
The Quality Manager’s main focal point is managing the organization’s Quality Management System (QMS). The Manager will take on the lead role in the qualification, performance-monitoring, and quality technology deployment in the supply chain and production environment, including involvement in design reviews and engineering releases as appropriate. The Manager establishes, compiles, produces, and analyzes quality reports to discern quality levels and implement corrective action as appropriate required by the quality management system. In addition, the Manager Participates in and/or facilitates project teams and maintains and drives changes to the quality management system. The Manager represents the organization as the ISO representative and guides senior leadership concerning strategic/tactical quality management system changes and develops quality standards and requirements for suppliers in conjunction with the purchasing, engineering, production, and manufacturing engineering departments.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Manage the organizational Quality Management System (QMS), (ISO 9001-based).
- Qualify suppliers through on-site surveys and other research means and perform periodic supplier audits.
- Facilitate the supplier rating system, communicate quality levels, and target improvement activities.
- Management Review Board representative for Quality. This includes subsequent investigations and initiating corrective actions.
- Lead role in determining first article inspections and driving associated follow-up activities.
- Interface with the shop floor personnel and others regarding issues associated with supplied products.
- Establish/facilitate inspection and measurement systems including procedure development, specification interpretation, statistical sampling, and statistical quality as applicable, both within the company and at the supplier/vendor.
- Guide senior leadership through changes that affect the quality management system.
- Strictly adhere to all safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and knowledge
- Understanding of ISO9001 and other industry standards associated with quality program requirements.
- Interpersonal and technical skills to lead suppliers toward the achievement of quality products.
- Familiar with SQC, SPC, FMEA, DOE, process flowcharting, risk analysis, and other related Quality technologies.
- Familiar with capital equipment manufacturing practices.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication methods, HMI systems, mechanical drive systems, and mechanical/electrical control systems.
- Materials science background for high-temperature materials (composites, ceramics, glass, plastics).
- Understanding electronic, software, and mechanical technology.
- Proficient in PC desktop applications, MS Office, Visio, Minitab, or similar SPC software.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, Epicor preferred.
- Experience in leading improvement teams.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
Education and experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Quality/Research/Manufacturing Engineer.
- Strong working knowledge of the ISO 9001 system and or related systems.
- LEAN manufacturing experience.
- Formal training in blueprint reading and/or drawing standards.
- Experience with working with internal audits and ISO lead auditors.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!