Renue and Accounting Manager
Tewksbury, MA 01810 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Sr Manager, Revenue Accounting
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $120-150k
- Job Location: Tewksbury, MA
- Job# 16400
The Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of accurate and timely financial information relating to product and service revenues and related costs of revenue to meet the needs of both internal and external reporting requirements. The Senior Manager will also be responsible for identifying and driving process improvement initiatives including automation and data analytics as well as supporting new revenue streams.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Review customer contracts, change orders, SOWs, and purchase agreements to ensure appropriate revenue recognition treatment under ASC 606
• Oversee billing activities and controls to ensure timely and accurate invoicing to customers; liaise with the Sales Team and Program Director Team accordingly
• Review accounting memos and supporting schedules to ensure all contracts and modifications are documented, and the resulting revenue calculations align with the technical accounting conclusions and revenue policies
• Manage the month-end close process for revenue and costs of revenue to ensure revenue journal entries are recorded timely and adequately per US GAAP and internal policies
• Develop accounting policies and processes for any new revenue streams and enhance and automate processes for existing
• Respond to ad hoc executive requests related to revenue performance, trends and go-forward expectations; provide input to strategic decisions that affect revenue streams and/or billing principles
• Manage and train a team of 1-2 revenue accountants
• Assist in the preparation of supporting schedules and commentary for our SEC filings quarterly/annually, including but not limited to disaggregated revenue analysis, results of operations language,
• Support internal/external audits by timely submitting schedules and responses to inquiries
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 6 - 8 years of Revenue Recognition accounting experience with experience in Medical Device and/ or Big 4 Accounting Firm preferred
• At least 2-3 years of progressive management experience
• In-depth knowledge of ASC 606
• Advanced MS Excel skills, PowerBI or similar experience a plus
• Ability to work collaboratively within different functions across the organization in a fast-paced environment
• CPA qualification strongly preferred but not required
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!