Research Associate, Discovery Core - San Diego CA - 15283
San Diego , CA 92121 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Research Associate Discovery Core
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Temp
- Pay rate: $26-30/hr
- Job Location: San Diego CA
- Job#: bh14263
Research Associate Discovery Core
Seeking a highly skilled and motivated Research Associate proficient in laboratory procedures, and cell culture to join our Discovery Core group in San Diego. The successful candidate will work in a team setting and be responsible for large scale production of recombinant, primary human progenitors, stem cells, and 3D organoids. This will include utilization of automated systems to enable production of human cells to support drug discovery projects. A demonstrated strong understanding of best practices to ensure reliability, efficiency, and quality control is required.
- Culture recombinant, primary human progenitors, stem cells and/or 3D organoids
- Completes experiments in a reliable, consistent manner
- Demonstrates high level of attention to details
- Performs initial analysis of experimental data and interprets immediate experimental outcomes
- Records experiments and results in laboratory notebooks (including all electronic systems) in accordance with lab procedures
- Recognizes problems and suggests experiments to troubleshoot issues
- Execute on new ideas to improve workflows, consistency and efficiency of the cell culture processes
- Clearly and effectively communicates (both written and verbal) results
- Bachelor's degree in biology or a related field and 1+ years experience in a research laboratory
- Experience with advanced cell culture techniques to culture human cells
- Ability and willingness to work rotating weekend shifts according to business needs
- Adaptive to a time-line driven work environment
- Multitasking skills, attention to details and ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Great interpersonal/teamwork skills and positive attitude
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly matrixed work environment
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!