Research Scientist - Human Assay - 17063
Boston, MA 02210 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Research Scientist – Human Assay
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: 12+ month contract, extensions possible
- Pay rate: $45-$50/hr
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Schedule: M-F, standard business hours, infrequent weekend rotation
- Job#: bh15059
Research Scientist – Human Assay
In order to set expectations and to the extent permitted by applicable law, please note that if an applicant is hired for this position, the applicant will be required to prove that the applicant has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to any qualified religious or medical exemptions. Please note that the employer reserves its rights to mandate additional vaccine requirements at any time.
Seeking a Research Scientist with experience in establishing and maintaining induce pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and iPSC-based disease models. The successful candidate should be highly self-motivated, have outstanding technical and communication skills, and be capable of working independently on the design and execution of experiments.?Above all, we are seeking a motivated and collaborative individual with a passion for stem cell biology and disease modeling who enjoys working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment.
- Carry out complex laboratory work related to stem cell biology and disease modeling for the maintenance and differentiation of human iPSC-derived cultures using aseptic culture techniques.
- Implement methods to query gene and protein expression by immunofluorescence/confocal microscopy, qRT-PCR, and/or Western Blotting.
- Accurately and reliably execute protocols for cell model and assay development.
- Maintain accurate and reliable records, including database management, notebooks, and all other pertinent documentation.?
- Ph.D. with 0–3 years of experience with primary cell/iPSC culture and disease modeling.
- Will consider M.S. with 2–4 years, or B.S. with 6+ years of related experience.
- Industry experience is a significant plus.
- Must have rigorous attention to detail and be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment.?
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Available to work some weekends, a few hours approx. once a month (rotation)
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!