Research Specialist (Genomics/Gene Editing) - 3308
Collegeville, PA 19426 US
Title: Research Specialist (Genomics/Gene Editing)
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: temp to perm
- Pay rate: $28-$32/hr
- Job Location: Collegeville, PA
- Schedule: Monday-Friday standard day schedule, 100% on-site
- Job#: bh15131
Research Specialist (Genomics/Gene Editing)
In order to set expectations and to the extent permitted by applicable law, please note that if an applicant is hired for this position, the applicant will be required to prove that the applicant has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to any qualified religious or medical exemptions. Please note that the employer reserves its rights to mandate additional vaccine requirements at any time.
Job Description Summary
Performs efficiency studies (assays) and pre-clinical exploratory safety studies. Performs testing of clinical, research and quality control proficiency; evaluates instruments. Evaluates and analyzes clinical research data. Coordinates activities of associates and investigators to ensure compliance with protocol and overall clinical objectives. Manages storage of research samples.
- Deliver high quality research support in a variety of functions
- Activities may include, but are not limited to: media prep, automation support, cell culture, assay support, high-throughput expression, molecular biology (virus titration, PCR, plasmid purification) Next Generation Sequencing, DNA/RNA extraction, DNA sequencing, and protein purification
- Other activities may include sample preparation and/or buffer preps (including GxP)
- Individual may be required to perform lab/ experiment user-level maintenance, general lab prep work, and scheduled equipment quality checks (including GxP)
- Perform multiple experimental assays and maintain relevant lab samples and materials
- Write, maintain, and troubleshoot experimental protocols
- Analyze, synthesize, and communicate data to both technical and non-technical colleagues and collaborators
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in life sciences or engineering
- 2 years of laboratory benchtop experience with various equipment platforms
- Experience with genome editing or functional genomics screening
- Experience in lenti virus preparation and viral transduction of cell lines
- Experience in cell-based assays including cancer cell killing assay
- Fluency with genetic, proteomic, imaging, and/or other ‘omics technologies
- Flow cytometry experience and analysis will be a plus
- Ability to work well with others, with minimal supervision and once trained on tasks is self-motivated and does not rely on being provided individual tasks daily
- Communicates well and speaks up accordingly to address concerns
- Works well in a fluid and high paced environment, can switch gears easily
- Must be able to remains in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside and outside labs
- Frequently bend, squat, stretch and reach to perform in a service function.
- Regularly move or lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the instrument), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Regularly operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee may be required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you shortly.
You may also send your resume and cover letter via email to the recruiter listed below. You MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!