SR. Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Tewksbury, MA 01810 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Sr Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: PERM
- Pay rate: $120-140k
- Job Location: Tewksbury, MA
- Job# 16220
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide quality engineering support in the manufacturing of medical devices & hardware.
- Ensure compliance of manufacturing processes and areas to all applicable quality system regulations
- Lead Nonconformance (NCMR) process such as inspection methods, containment, correction, closure and CAPAs, and drive continuous improvement through analysis of trend data.
- Monitor and analyze production information to support risk management and to provide direction for corrective and preventive actions and/or process improvement activities.
- Work with manufacturing engineering to ensure necessary process controls and validations are in place and best practices are followed (GMP)
- Oversee the inspection & testing of raw materials, components & finished products to ensure compliance with specifications & quality standards. Establish and maintain quality control procedures, including inspection methods and test protocols.
- Resolve incoming inspection yield issues by driving tighter vendor process capabilities, ensuring appropriate internal drawing specifications, and validation of inspection methods.
- Lead analysis of defective components found in Incoming Inspection and work with suppliers to resolve (SCARs)
- Support internal auditing requirements in manufacturing to ensure compliance with quality system requirements.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Quality and/or Manufacturing Engineering role, with 4 years’ responsibility for Product Quality and/or Quality Systems.
- Working knowledge of Medical Device Regulations: FDA 21 CFR 820, ISO 14971 & 13485 as well other applicable regulations and industry standards pertaining to Medical Devices.
- Experience with manufacturing of complex products in an Environmentally controlled area. Experience with medical capital equipment and electromechanical devices preferred.
- Experience with formal problem-solving methodologies and deductive skills, root cause analysis & CAPA.
- Experience with handling non-conforming material and assemblies.
- Practical knowledge and experience using Minitab or other statistical analysis tools. Understanding & application of Gage R&R and Measurement system analysis desired.
- Utilization of statistical data analysis for trending purposes; ideally Six Sigma methods and tools
- Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly, effectively, and concisely.
EDUCATION: BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Biomedical Engineering or other scientific or related discipline.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!