Scientific Services Specialist
So. San Francisco, CA 94080 US
Title: Scientific Services Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: 3+ month contract
- Pay rate: $30-$34.87/hr
- Job Location: South San Francisco, CA
- Schedule: M-F, 1st shift, standard business hours
- Job#: bh16100
- Support System Admin functions at client’s worksite.
- Enhance the existing Lab Asset Management Program (LAMP) infrastructure to track equipment’s preventative maintenance (PM). Service work will be performed by LAMP/OEMs and client’s Facilities engineers.
- Provide the following compliance support activities:
- Enter all PM and corrective maintenance (CM) service requests and reports in client’s logbook (ELN).
- Confirm each maintenance event receives a signed service report (electronic preferred) and review documents for accuracy.
- Manage pipette calibration with record keeping in client’s ELN. Generate out of calibration impact memos if there is a pipette calibration failure for client review and approval.
- Maintain balance inventory and coordinate with the client’s MIC center to support service/calibration report archival by the CUSTOMER assigned personnel. Escalate to client’s corporate management if there are issues getting the appropriate support
- Confirm Fume hoods/enclosures are PMed on schedule by client assigned personnel. Escalate issues to client’s corporate management.
- PH meter maintenance – check calibration, electrode storage, and buffer expirations monthly
- Support ordering of laboratory consumables and managed projected needs based on monthly consumption.
- Assist department with monitoring consumables inventory and orders
- Coordinate with customer on project-based initiatives to maintain service within the lab.
- Maintain training and compliance in areas of health and safety, security, environmental and operational aspects of daily activities in the working environment
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to balance conflicting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Technical problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests
- Initiative driven with proactive skill set to improve processes
- Ability to read and follow equipment protocols
- Intermediate MS Office Skills: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word.
- Ability to be pro-active, independent, and detail-oriented
- Associate’s degree in a Science/Engineering Field plus 1-2 years laboratory experience, OR,
- High School degree or equivalent with 3+ years’ experience in a pharmaceutical laboratory
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science/Engineering Field
- At least two or more years administrative and lab service experience, preferably in a biopharmaceutical R&D operation
- Experience in low level maintenance and calibrations of laboratory equipment
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment (e.g., lab coat, safety glasses, etc.) in laboratory.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- The person needs to occasionally move between labs, corridors, adjoining rooms, and buildings onsite. Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Occasionally move or lift up to 25 pounds (potential for occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds).
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you shortly.
You may also send your resume and cover letter via email to the recruiter listed below. You MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!