Senior Accountant (PERM)
Danvers, MA 01915 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Accountant
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $82-115k
- Job Location: Danvers, MA
- Job# 14698
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The incumbent may be required to perform all, or a combination of the following essential functions as determined by business necessity.
- Review, update and maintain cost roll ups in ERP system, ensuring that inventory is properly valued, and standards are accurately set.
- Evaluate manufacturing costs, comparing standard costs to actual production costs. Analyze Bills of Material (BOM). Update, monitor and maintain the application of material, labor, and overhead costs. Conduct purchase price variance analysis and reconciliation. Analyze manufacturing efficiencies, spending variances, product cost and inventory trends and capacity utilization. Review, analyze and update product margins an cost variances.
- Coordinate with operations to evaluate inventory controls and to monitor monthly inventory test counts of cycle count program to verify accuracy of inventory balances. Develop, manage and maintain cost.
- Develop, manage and maintain cost estimates for specific projects (such as new product development and product revisions), working in conjunction with other departments.
- Engage in the monthly closing process by preparing journal entries and verify posting in the financial database.
- Review daily accounting activities in the general ledger, including posting and sales analysis.
- Prepare monthly financial statement reporting package, including income statements, balance sheet and P&L analysis.
- Actively work with year-end procedures including preparation of audit work papers as well as year-end physical inventory.
- Assist in special projects, system upgrades, establish new reporting initiatives.
- Ad hoc reporting/analysis as requested.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: In addition to the essential functions listed above, the incumbent may be required to perform other non-essential functions. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
- BS in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience.
- Prefer five or more years of progressive accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures) and IFRS.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word experience; MAS500 experience is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of SOX requirements.
.When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!