Senior Director of Engineering (PERM)
Manville, NJ 08807 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Director of Engineering
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $120-210k
- Job Location: Manville, NJ
- Job#: bh13816
Senior Director of Engineering
The Senior Director of Engineering is a technical leadership position at the organization, one which has primary responsibility for the conceptualization, design and development, validation and support of new and existing products at the company. Given that our products include hardware, software, firmware and integration components, it requires broad knowledge of these areas and how they relate to each other. It also strong project management skills with the ability to keep multiple projects on their timelines and on budgets in a fast based and demanding environment. Candidate must have a strong process approach and an eye toward continuous improvement with as are strong organizational skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Lead a combine technical team of engineers from various technical disciplines as well as a team of developers and project managers.
- Hire, retain, and develop team members in the various disciplines necessary to support technical team goals and objectives.
- Presentations to Sernior Leadership, Customers, and Stakeholders
- Lead the New Product Development initiatives at the organization from concept to obsolescence across all stages of the process, keeping them on time and on budget.
- Facilitate to ongoing improvement of the processes and work instructions associated with the NPD Lifecycle.
- Contribute to and lead Product Realization activities from conceptualization to release.
- Ensure cooperation, collaboration, communication and alignment of both the hardware and software teams and their tasks to have a robust and reliable development process with strong validation.
- Supervise the R&D teams through defining project scopes, tasks and priorities related to the engineering procedures and processes.
- Work closely with marketing, product management, sales and service to help understand and validate use cases and translate into product specifications.
- Assign, prioritize, check work, review performance, enforce company policy, train, develop and support direct reports.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and processes. Complete all projects within departmental operative procedures, company policies and professional standards.
- Develop short and long range plans that assist in meeting R&D goals and objectives.
- Facilitate the transfer to production from R&D working with all cross functional group such as Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Production.
- Ensure development, review and approval of training documentation, SOP’s and validation documentation in compliance with the corporate quality system.
- Design, develop and modify processes to meet customer and company standards and in support of second and third party audits.
- Maintain schedule and quality performance, while preserving design integrity on new or existing product designs.
- Stay current on regulatory and industry standard to support overall compliance.
- Support quality, production and service throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Assist and/or coordinate prototype development of new products.
- Report project status on a regular basis to the corporate and site leaders
- Track group results and recommend changes.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering cost analysis for customer inquiry and company product.
- Interview, evaluate, and recommend individuals for the engineering support department.
- Develop product manuals and engineering change orders (ECO's) per procedure.
- Investigate new technologies in the industry and consult with suppliers to obtain latest technology information.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing, and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies
- BS in Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Electrical or Computers)
- Advanced degree(s) in Technical Discipline Preferred
- Experience interfacing with internal and external customers define and manager multiple critical project paths. Ability to understand, translate critical technical concepts and communicate across teams and stakeholders to achieve understanding and alignment.
- Minimum 20 years of experience in product development and release, management of technical teams and projects.
- At least 10 years experience in a leadership position associated with the commercialization of technical products
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing engineers and developers
- Experience defining, implementing, and improving NPD processes and procedures.
- Experience in project planning and familiarity with Agile and Waterfall Software Development process models
- Experience being involved with IP portfolio enhancement and expansion
- Experience developing and supporting products for highlight regulated industries
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to drive the team's performance and communicate project needs to all stakeholders.
- Track record of new product development from concept to commercialization and long-term engineering support, working both with in-house and contract teams.
- Experience leverage technologies and tools for NPD activities
- Familiarity with bioprocessing technologies as plus
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!