Senior Electrical Design Engineer (PERM)
Baywood , NY 11729 US
Title: Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $110-120/hr
- Job Location: Baywood, MA (Hyrid)
- Job# 15829
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive salary along with a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, disability, life insurance, voluntary benefits, pet insurance, group legal, ID theft, EAP, 401(k) with company match, tuition assistance, holidays and paid time off, employee service/recognition awards and seasonal/social events. Benefits eligibility is after 30 days! Hybrid-remote option after 90 days!
What the Ideal Candidate will do:
The Sr. Electrical Design Engineer will develop concepts, designs, and documentation, including R&D functions, for electrical power distribution, control and instrumentation systems for balancing machines, facilities, and peripherals. Supports the sale, production, testing, installation, and operation of equipment by performing the following duties:
- Designs and revises machine controls including power distribution, electro-mechanical relay systems, PLC systems and logic, drive control systems and computer interfacing for the operation and control of measuring instrumentation and functional machine components.
- Tests special products and initial designs for new or modified products, and prepares checkout and test procedures, goals, acceptance criteria and final reports.
- Prepares documentation for the release, fabrication, and testing of equipment, including Engineering Change Notices. Writes operating procedures for installation, use, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems.
- Ensures designs comply with applicable codes and standards.
- Interfaces effectively with vendors and appropriate company personnel on various technical design, modification, and requirement issues.
- Provides support to customers, including on-site visits, to acquaint and/or train them with features and use of equipment and designs.
- Performs research and development functions for new and existing products.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) required.
- 5-10 years’ experience in the design of electrical control and power distribution systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Design software such as AutoCAD (or equivalent) required and knowledge of EPLAN P8 preferred.
- Knowledge of product-specific software (PLC, Drive controller preferred).
- Must be able to read, write, and analyze technical documents and procedures.
- Must possess strong communication, math, and computer skills. Experience with ERP systems, SAP preferred.
- Must be able to travel 10% of the time, including international travel.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!