Senior Electrical Engineer
Plymouth, MN 55447
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: PERM
- Job Location: Plymouth MN
- Job#: bh13641
Senior Electrical Engineer
The Senior Electrical Engineer helps to execute and guide electrical design and specification activities through all phases of the product development process – from initial design to final manufacturing transfer.
Reporting to the Director of Embedded Hardware, he/she stays abreast of current methods and trends in electrical engineering and electronics design within the consumer and medical industries. He/She will also provide robust, cost-effective electrical engineering solutions for medical products as part of product development staff in support of clients in the U.S. and abroad. Candidates should have an ability to act as a technical lead for the discipline on small to mid-sized programs. Professional development and mentoring of junior staff is a secondary aspect of the role.
• Broad range of electrical engineering including experience in digital and analog circuit design, simulation, schematic capture, PCB layout, prototyping and debug.
• Significant experience with Altium schematic capture and layout is highly preferred
• Embedded system integration, test, and debug on a variety of hardware platforms including ARM based MCUs, computer on modules (COM), SBCs, and high-end MPU based designs.
• Development of wireless platforms (BLE, WiFi, LTE)
• Research, development, and testing of electrical hardware in support of numerous medical device and diagnostic programs for use in both lab and patient environments. Technologies include, but are not limited to, optics, motion control, sensors, thermal control (TEC, resistive heaters, PID control), liquid management, etc.
• Basic technical project management skills, including task estimation specific to electrical engineering, in support of program management.
• Ability to lead the discipline on small to mid-sized cross-functional teams, including regular client-facing responsibilities and representation of discipline needs at the team level.
• Author and contribute to technical documentation including test protocols/reports, engineering studies, design documentation. Contribute to risk management documentation in support of design assurance.
• External communication includes OEM factories, suppliers, and clients at a technical level
• Mentor engineers in electronics and medical product design practices
• Contribute to Embedded Hardware team initiatives in support of efficiency improvements. This may include SOP updates to standardize the product design process
• Familiarity with medical device, diagnostic, and EMC standards is desired (60601-1, 61010-1, 60601-1-2, 61326, and other relevant collateral and particular standards)
An effective leader holding a BSEE or related degree coupled with 8+ years of electrical engineering experience, with some exposure to the medical device/equipment industry. Possess a solid background in the design, manufacturing and sourcing of electrical components. The ability to prototype, simulate, debug, and test circuits is required. Knowledge of IEC/UL-60601/61010 and related standards is beneficial.
Our fast-paced environment demands the ability to work within multiple cross-functional project teams on a variety of medical device and diagnostic programs. Successful candidates are high-energy, self-starters with the following qualities:
• Successful communication skills, business acumen, and assertive decision-making ability
• Strong time management skills and the flexibility to multi-task and perform a wide range of activities to meet client deadlines.
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Office proficiency
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!