Senior Electronics Engineer - 3188
Hopkinton, MA 01748 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Electronics Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: 6+ month contract, possible temp-to-perm
- Pay rate: $60-$65/hr
- Job Location: Hybrid – Hopkinton, MA / remote
- Shift: 2-3 days onsite, 2-3 days remote, flexible hours between 7am – 7pm (8 hours)
- Job#: bh14592
Senior Electronics Engineer
In order to set expectations and to the extent permitted by applicable law, please note that if an applicant is hired for this position, the applicant will be required to prove that the applicant has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to any qualified religious or medical exemptions. Please note that the employer reserves its rights to mandate additional vaccine requirements at any time.
- Lead electrical/electronic design and enhancement of systems/sub-systems by verifying/understanding product requirements and defining functional requirements
- Collaborate and contribute towards design of new products from inception through production, understand issues and needs during different project phases and advocate suggestions across diverse teams within the organization
- Collaborate and develop/execute electronics design, at system and subsystem level, including architecture, detail design and analysis, component/system characterization, verification and system integration
- Create complete documentation packages (Schematics, Circuit design, Component placement, PCBA, commercial part specifications and Bills of Material)?
- Lead design and peer reviews and develop/debug to sustain existing and new product electrical design
- Provide clear and concise technical updates to broader team and management
- Ensure electrical design and documentation complies with safety and EMC/EMI standards, supports third party safety testing
- Design and write test protocols and reports in support of product verification/validation
- Address field issues by determining root cause and implementing corrective actions as necessary
- Work with suppliers to qualify components, troubleshoot issues and develop & deploy test tooling for manufacturing and vendors
- Perform Engineering Change Orders to document and communicate engineering changes throughout the organization, and coordinate implementations for smooth transitions of changes throughout manufacturing operations.
- Interface with cross-functional engineering team, Marketing, Applications, Service and Operations throughout the Development Lifecycle.
- Keeps abreast of state-of-the-art electronics and related technologies to ensure performance and quality of company products
- Follow new product phased-gate development process through design, manufacturing transition and commercial release
- BS Electrical Engineering required
- 5+ Years of relevant experience with BSEE (less experience would consider as Electrical Engineer)
- MS Electrical Engineering desired
- 3+ years of relevant experience with MSEE
- Deep understanding of EE fundamentals such as analog and digital design knowledge
- Experience with PCB design – schematics, placement and routing, and circuit simulation
- Demonstrate proficiency in Altium PCB designer with 2-3 years of experience.
- Experience with prototyping, characterization/troubleshooting using signal generators, multimeters, and oscilloscopes
- Familiarity with C++ / C# / VHDL/Labview/MATLab programing a plus.
- Experience with change order processes and document control systems
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strongly preferred: experience working with cross-disciplinary teams in an R&D environment
- Electronics design experience, preferably in the automation/life science applications with experience in linear motion control, bench top automation, precision positioning devices, computer-controlled hardware, imaging hardware, heating systems and fluid dispensing
- System level experience in troubleshooting production and field problems to determine root causes
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of electronics test methodologies, design for manufacturing, design for test, and design for reliability
- EMC board design and pre-compliance skills
- Safety regulatory UL/CSA/EN 61010 or equivalent knowledge
- Experience with Arm / PIC / 68k knowledge
- Experience with communication protocols - Ethernet / USB / Serial / Bluetooth / telecom / WiFi
- Knowledge of ISO and FDA regulated environments
- Experience with Matlab/Python/Equivalent for data analysis
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information
- Commitment to customer excellence with demonstrated ethics and integrity
- Self-starter, detail oriented, and strong collaborative skills
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!