Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Elizabeth , DE 19702 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Digital Clinical Project Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: perm
- Pay rate: $120-148K
- Job Location: Elizabeth, NJ
- Job# 14802
You will be part of an enthusiastic, results-oriented, and dynamic team of Embedded Software Engineers, Application Software Engineers, and Test Engineers working on designing and developing best-in-class digital mammography products. The ideal candidate will strive to understand how complex hardware/software systems operate to find ways to improve them.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specify the requirements, design, implement, integrate, test, and release embedded level software used in medical imaging products.
- Develop and maintain software under a Continuous Integration methodology.
- Develop functional, design, interface, and test specifications and tools with minimal supervision.
- Conduct specification/work reviews of their designs under the direction of the project manager.
- Accurately estimate the time to complete scheduled tasks and regularly evaluate the actual versus the planned task times, providing input to the schedules as necessary.
- Participate in design reviews under the direction of upper-level engineers.
- Ensure that design implementation, test, and maintenance methods/processes are developed and executed, which supports all applicable quality standards.
- Knowledge of practical software solutions and applying software design techniques to the development of embedded systems software.
- In-depth experience in developing functional, design, and interface aspects of a commercial product at the board, sub-system, and system level.
- Proficiency with C/C++ and Assembler-level programming languages in an embedded environment.
- Understanding of the interaction between hardware and software at component, sub-system, and system levels.
- Ability to read and understand circuit diagrams to identify control signals and processor inputs.
- Significant experience in the development of software under an RTOS environment.
- Ability to comprehend existing code and perform analysis to produce state/timing charts from code constructs.
- Ability to manage time to be able to handle multiple overlapping projects.
- Ability to work comfortably in both individual and team environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering with at least five years of experience in a related field, including two years in an Embedded Software role.
- Master’s degree desired
The following specialized skills are highly valued:
- Experience with PWM motor drivers and PID controllers and the related issues.
- Knowledge of NXP processors and controllers.
- Knowledge of ARM processors and controllers.
- "Failsafe" software design experience.
- Project management tools/techniques.
- Knowledge of different microcontroller architectures.
- State machines/finite automata/logic reduction techniques.
- Knowledge of communications protocols (e.g., CANBus, I2C, RS-232/485).
- Experience with a variety of development toolchains.
- Device Driver experience under Windows or UNIX/Linux.
- Experience with embedded real-time graphics displays.
- Experience working in a TDD environment.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to me. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.