Senior Financial Analyst
Boston, MA 02142 US
Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: 6+ month contract (potential for extension or conversion)
- Pay rate: $70-$75/hr
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Schedule: M-F, standard business hours
- Job#: bh16209
The Senior Financial Analyst FP&A is accountable for providing financial support to multiple key areas of North America (Commercial) business. Specifically, this role will support the internal financial budgeting / controllership for Human Resources, Finance, Facilities and Government Affairs functions. This position will partner and provide support to members of the North America Leadership Team and their functional teams enabling effective financial analysis, reporting, and forecasting of operating results to enable sound business decisions in accordance with IFRS and budget. This position will work with our Shared Service Functions on key financial forecasting and reporting processes. In addition, the successful candidate will need to collaborate with several different functional groups, and business partners for ad hoc analysis as well as implementing systems and procedures in accordance with corporate objectives. The position will report to the Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis for North America Commercial Operations and will be based in Cambridge.
- Support multiple Business Partners as their primary Finance controller, including Human Resources, Finance, Facilities and Government Affairs functions.
- Oversee annual budgeting process and long-range strategic planning for aligned Business Partners
- Prepare and update current year financial forecasts and analyses as required by management.
- Play a key role in the financial planning & reporting process by serving as the lead for monthly close file preparation ensuring monthly financial results accurately portray current operations and activities (analyze and prepare accruals, close meetings, financial reviews, etc.)
- Review and prepare month-end journal entries in the areas of PO accruals.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and metrics and communicate them to the business partners.
- Identify, interpret and explain budget and expense variances: analyze cost variances, actual vs. plan/forecast and actual vs. prior period, for review with Business Partners and for submission to Corporate Offices
- Support Business Partners on day-to-day financial transactions and performance by reviewing and approving Purchase Orders and Contracts in line with approved budgets or forecasts Communicate and coordinate with other departments (senior management and directors) on various financial issues: monthly variances to budget and contract administration.
- Perform yearly PO cleanup process and manage the closing of all POs throughout the year.
- Manage the monthly medical dental and vision entries.
- Manager the yearly Insurance process.
- Run monthly Open PO report, MicroStrategy reporting and BFC package for all US Commercial
- Set up yearly allocations in SAP for product allocations, IT and Facilities allocations.
- Provide financial support to internal and/or external auditors as needed.
- Ad Hoc project work as required locally within US.
- Support site-wide or Corporate Finance initiatives as needed that may cover systems support, systems enhancements/new system implementation, productivity efforts and transformation initiatives as needed.
Education / Certifications:
- BS in Finance, Accounting or relevant degree
- 5+ years of relevant, demonstrated, and practical experience developing robust financial forecasts and strategic plans.
- Proven track record in financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting, including business impact modeling.
- Must have thorough understanding of accounting principles and financial statements and the interface between external reporting, management reporting.
- Understanding of biotech and key commercial & medical aspects of the industry preferred
- Solid understanding of IFRS preferred
- Expertise in business analytics and tools including advanced Excel skills, planning systems (SAP, TM1)
Key Technical Competencies Required:
- Ability to demonstrate detailed and extensive technical expertise as well as an application of accounting industry principles, concepts, theories, and practices.
- Ability to resolve complex technical problems across a wide array of business functions.
- Possess an operational excellence ‘mind-set’ to improve processes.
- Strong business partnering skills, including ability to support a diverse set of functions.
- Ability to navigate multiple reporting lines with differing deliverables and timelines.
- Ability to handle confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change and process efficiencies.
- Views challenges as opportunities; tenacious and focused
- Adept at managing / influencing without authority – able to lead and follow as required and function independently.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to analyze information and make sound decisions.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment and be willing to work extended hours and travel as required.
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you shortly.
You may also send your resume and cover letter via email to the recruiter listed below. You MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!