Senior Manager, Manufacturing
• Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures
• Facilitates the effective use of materials, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products at minimum cost.
• Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the department.
• Manages appropriate staff levels, schedules, and resources. Works with other managers to stablish and plan priorities.
• Identify and recommend production improvement strategies that enhance equipment utilization, worker performance and product quality
• Accountable for daily and weekly manufacturing performance metric completion and explanation
• Provide feedback to Engineering and R&D to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost, quality improvement and time to manufacture
• Leads and identifies OpEx implementation efforts focused on productivity and throughput time improvements
• Establish and promote cross-functional relationships
• Make decisions regarding equipment use and procurement
• Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant areas of manufacturing including planning, scheduling, procurement, and distribution.
• Coordinates efforts with subordinates to reach or exceed established standards of production; such us efficiency, waste elimination, machine downtime, etc.
• Develops and/or updates operating procedures with the intention to create uniformity in the operation of equipment that serves as guides for training among operators to reach the established standard of quality and quantity, such as reduction of downtime, waste, and lack of knowledge of equipment.
• Other duties as assigned
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
• A minimum of three (5) years of direct supervisory and/or managerial experienced is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Communicate effectively.
• Ability to use MS Word, Excel, Power Point, ERP and electronic email systems.
• Excellent people skills, with an advanced understanding of team building concepts.
• Strong ability to achieve a high level of performance by setting clear expectations and holding people accountable.
• Experience applying lean manufacturing concepts required
• Ability to mentor subordinates with functional responsibilities.
• Exhibits a high level of professionalism in people interactions.
• Ability to align department objectives with corporate objectives
• Experience working in a low volume, high product mix environment is a plus.
• Knowledge of continual improvement methods, 5S techniques and Lean Manufacturing concepts.