Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Newark)
Brookside , DE 19702 US
Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Contract
- Pay rate: $50-72/hr
- Job Location: Brookside, DE
- Job# 16006
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer provides a key technical interface to a critical contract manufacturing relationship. The contract manufacturer provides a system consisting of electromechanical capital equipment as well as high-volume sterile disposables.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and execute validation plans, including IQ of process equipment and OQ and or PQ of manufacturing processes.
- Lead manufacturing implementation of sustaining design initiatives.
- Detect, conceptualize, and execute improvement opportunities using a series of Lean and related tools and methodologies.
- Distill complex technical situations into meaningful summaries that are digestible by various stakeholders.
- Lead troubleshooting exercises to quickly get to solutions.
- Create and revise essential documents such as process flowcharts, PFMEA, and Process Control plans.
- Practice LEAN techniques and be able to facilitate lean kaizens.
- Interface with contract manufacturing staff and management to ensure that plans are followed and risks are mitigated.
- Work effectively with other functions such as research and development, Procurement, Design Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, and Field Service in completion of duties and communication of relevant information.
- Interface with suppliers and Quality Engineering to resolve supplier quality issues.
- Monitor quality reports and field performance of assigned product line, identify trends, investigate problems and implement corrective actions.
- Actively supports and adheres to the Quality Policy and Quality System procedures.
- Other duties relating to above as may be required.
- Extensive travel will be required up to 25% during critical times, including extended presence at contract manufacturer Midwestern US.
- Medical device industry experience
- Extensive validation experience, including employment of sound statistical approach and authorship of solid protocols and or reports.
- Advanced inter-personal skills, communication and emotional awareness is key to be successful in this role.
- Quick learner, driven and not afraid to experiment.
- Ability to manage projects and lead and coordinate cross-functional teams.
- Thorough understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles required 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Kanban, SMED, GEMBA mindset, KPI development and management.
- Good understanding of product lifecycle management PLM applications such as AGILE and ERP systems such as ORACLE, SAP or BAAN. ORACLE is preferred.
- Experience with LABVIEW highly preferred.
- Experience with computer-aided design software required, Solid works preferred.
- B.S. Engineering preferably in Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering
- 7or more years’ experience in Manufacturing and or Manufacturing Engineering with working knowledge of electro-mechanical sub-assemblies.
A thorough completion of this section is needed for compliance with legal standards such as the Americans with Disabilities Act. The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Repetitive hand motion.
- Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lifting and or moving and carrying products weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and or moderate noise levels.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- May work with or around high voltage and radiation generating equipment.
- Safety shoes with impact and compression protection must be worn in designated areas.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.