Senior Meetings & Events Planner - Boston MA - 14005
Boston , MA 02210
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Meetings & Events Planner
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Temp
- Pay rate: $32-37/hr
- Job Location: Boston MA
- Job#: bh14250
Senior Meetings & Events Planner
The Senior Meetings & Events Planner will be responsible for delivering meeting planning for a variety of complex in-person and virtual meetings and cross-functional engagements. This role is responsible for the tracking of all logistics, curating attendee communications and engagement, and keeping the planning team informed on roles and responsibilities, updates, timelines, and deliverables throughout the planning process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and executes internal and external face to face and virtual meetings globally, including venue and vendor sourcing, contract negotiations, budgeting, food & beverage, audio visual production, and on-site execution.
- Participates in hotel, venue, and vendor contracting and negotiations, securing the best possible terms and cost savings.
- Contributes to the generation of solutions and recommendations and the preparation of presentations to internal stakeholders.
- Builds registration sites and manages attendee communication.
- Works closely with GM&E Management on planning and execution of events and support on special projects.
- Participates in internal team projects and efficiency initiatives to identify areas for process and workflow improvements
Required Education Level
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Typically requires 4-5+ years of experience in meeting and event planning
- Working knowledge of Cvent Event Management software program
- Skilled meeting planning experience with executing both virtual and face-to-face meetings ranging from Advisory Boards to Sales Meetings
- Strong customer services skills with ability to deliver on internal stakeholder meeting goals and objectives
- Strong project management skills often managing multiple pressing priorities and working to challenging and changing deadlines
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly matrixed work environment
- Oral and written communication skills to explain complex information
- Ability to collaborate well with internal peers and external vendors
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to move projects through to completion
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!