Senior Scientific Services Specialist
Sheenwater, NY 14072 US
Title: Senior Scientific Services Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: 9+ month contract
- Pay rate: $40-$42.20/hr
- Job Location: Sheenwater, NY
- Schedule: M-F, standard business hours
- Job#: bh16090
We are looking for a highly motivated ICP / AA Senior Scientific Specialist to provide critical, on-site, scientific, and operational support as part of a dynamic lab service team. The role is mainly responsible for supporting ICP and AA equipment and scientists’ operators as requested by our pharmaceutical customer. Other general lab responsibilities will also be required, all of which require a high level of attention to detail to provide a quality service.
- Use their expertise in ICP/MS & ICP/OES to conduct routine / non-routine testing, teach, assist, and oversee core lab functions.
- Support development of ICP/MS and ICP/OES training program
- Serve as a resource for users; to train new users, help self-operators solve problems with their instrument operations and improve their skills in all aspects of sample prep & ICP instrument function, troubleshooting, and routine maintenance.
- Acts as primary resource to provide experiment setup technical leadership for all scientist's operators and aid resolve experiment setup, design, and operation issues
- Supports and assists in validation and verification studies by ICP/MS & ICP/OES
- Leads and documents routine / non-routine manufacturing and quality investigations, evaluations, and SOP revisions
- Supports preparation of: Methods of Analysis (MOA’s), Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s), Operational efficiency protocols, and final reports.
- Supports management in coordinating daily assignment of workload and assist in daily workload completion and review process
- Identifies and leads efforts related to troubleshooting and process improvements to increase data quality, lower costs, or reduce turnaround times
- Completes CAPAs and effectiveness verifications
- Become familiar with all software used in the facility such as Syngistix and assist facility users in learning to use this software
- Understand common and unique chemistry applications safety handling of samples and GxP environments.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
- Comprehensive understanding of how the ICP/MS, ICP/OES and AA instruments work.
- Attention to detail and understanding of the basic laboratory environment
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Demonstrates appropriate use of relevant equipment after training
- Basic Qualifications:
- Masters degree in related scientific field with 3 years of relevant work experience in flow cytometry OR BA/BS degree in physical or biological science or a related science and 5 or more years of recent, directly related work experience OR Associate’s Degree in life science or other relevant discipline and 10 years' ICP experience in a laboratory environment or High School Degree/GED with 15 years' ICP’ experience in a laboratory environment.
- Basic experience with MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- A highly qualified candidate will have 5 or more years of experience with one or more of the following instrumentation systems: Perkin Elmer (PE) Nexion 350 ICP/MS & PE Avio 500 ICP/OES with Syngistix software and ESI Prepfast.
- Master's degree in an Chemistry scientific discipline is preferred
- A highly qualified candidate will have experience in working with and/or designing experiments with ICP/MS, ICP/OES and ESI prepfast
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- The person needs to occasionally move between labs, corridors, adjoining rooms, and buildings onsite
- Frequently use tools, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Occasionally move or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the instrument/equipment), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Use of personal protective equipment (e.g., lab coat, safety glasses, etc.) in laboratory.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee may be required to handle hazardous waste according to local, state, and federal regulations.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you shortly.
You may also send your resume and cover letter via email to the recruiter listed below. You MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!