Senior Software Engineer - Device Connectivity C++ (PERM)
Tewksbury , MA 01810 US
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $125-130k
- Job Location: Tewksbury, MA
- Job# 15665
FIRST SHIFT – Full Time- Hybrid
Not a covid vaccine required position
Within our global Medical Platform organization, you are joining a development team with an international set-up to develop platform-based software for medical devices. These devices operate in a distributed system of devices and will support our customers to save lives, improve patient outcome and streamline clinical workflows in hospitals.
Along with your close colleagues you will design, implement and test the underlying communication protocol to enable system and medical device interoperability. This network-based communication stack is the foundation of our future product portfolio and is heavily reliant on open standards and industry communication protocols.
Work within a team of engineers and test personnel to produce high quality deliverables during the design, implementation, integration, test and support phases of product development. Specifically, with minimal supervision, shows the ability to diagnose, debug and resolve defects; design small modules and functions, translates designs into functional, tested software.
• Comply with all internal SOPs and FDA and industry regulations.
• Utilize the software configuration management system to correctly maintain SW files. Able to correctly build SW and install SW in a development and product environment.
• Support clinical engineers, quality engineers, service engineers and test personnel by executing tests, reproducing defects, documenting defect analysis in a defect tracking tool.
• Take direction from senior engineering staff, seek out advice as needed; respond to coaching, analyze successes and failures in order to improve, and take on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
• Provide feedback during code and design reviews.
• BS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering required or equivalent work experience.
• Must be able to speak Mandarin
• Proven skills and expertise in developing with C++ (e.g. Boost, performance optimization, GoogleTest)
• Experience in developing network-based communication protocols (Web Services, SOAP, TLS)
Experience in these Frameworks and Technologies is a plus:
• Experience in developing software for embedded environments
• Basic understanding of agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, TDD)
• Software development in a regulated environment (FDA)
• Jenkins, Git, Jira, CI workflows
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!