Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
Westford, MA 01886 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Contract
- Pay rate: $20 - $23 an hour
- Job Location: Westford, MA
- Job#: BH14144
Responsible for performing activities related to picking/packing & shipping of products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Pick Items from the inventory stockrooms making sure to pick the correct items determined through the pick ticket requirements.
- Proper material handling of inventory.
- Determine the correct packaging to use to pack materials and pack them in a manner to ensure product safety while in transit.
- Have attention to detail to ensure any shipping instructions and shipping methods are followed.
- Perform shipping transactions in the ERP system and other shipping systems such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, and others.
- Have ability to communicate with the shipping supervisor as well as other departments when questions arise.
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner and maintain accurate training records
- Work on special projects as requested.
- Ability to work overtime to meet production schedule as needed.
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 30 pounds
- Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- Potential Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- Safety Shoes compliant with site specific policies/procedures must be worn in designated areas
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years of stockroom, shipping, and receiving experience in a technical company supporting manufacturing
- Experience in preparation of international shipments and documentation
- Basic working understanding of Microsoft Office/Outlook, SAP and AGILE a plus
- Ability to follow written procedures to maintain GMP compliance and ISO 13485 certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Must be able to read and understand English
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to cooperate with others in a team effort to achieve quality, safety, and productivity goals.
- Detail oriented and accurate