Software Engineer/ Developer
Millbury , MA 01615 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Software Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp to Perm
- Pay rate: $80-$95K
- Job Location: Millbury, MA (Hybrid)
- Job# 15007
Make significant contributions to the development of key aspects of a software development project from inception to market release and support.
The requirements listed below are representative of the essential duties required:
- Execute and support software development tasks as directed by the senior software developers.
- Execute according to published goals in accordance with accepted industry practices and quality.
- Collaborate with and support senior developers to define project objectives, schedules, and budgets.
- Participate in and oversee selected aspects of software development, launch, and support.
- Collaborate with product management and business development in strategic & tactical new product development decisions.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors and manufacturer’s representatives.
- Other duties as required.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Employee works under general supervision.
- Employee makes decisions within clearly prescribed areas referring matters that fall outside that area to others.
- Employee recommends actions and alternatives to supervisor and others.
- Understanding of application development environments, tools, and programming languages used in the front end or backend of the protocol stack for communications products.
- Understanding and working knowledge of market-leading development environments and tools in the area of the employee’s specialization (e.g. UI/UX, Front End or Back End).
- Familiarity with principles and industry practice in the development of the User Experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of company portfolio and product applications.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent leadership and motivational abilities.
- Project management.
- Position requires employee to utilize and understand simple formatting and use of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
- 1+ years of software development experience.
- Specialized training or certification(s) may be required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer.
- Occasional physical exertion including some lifting of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Significant level of mental concentration required to manage multiple complex tasks.
- Work requires frequent visual effort for extended periods of time.
Work Environment and Hazards
- Some areas of the building are not climate controlled.
- Working environment is typical of an office setting.
- Absence of hazards.
- Occasional travel expected.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Recruiting Manager
- Directs the recruitment efforts for both the Quincy, MA and Providence, RI branches.
- Manages a distributed team of recruiting leads, individual contributor recruiters and account managers.
- Responsible for leading the fulfillment and execution of sourcing, recruiting, sales and business development practices across the region.