Software Engineer 3
Littleton, MA 01886 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Software Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $133k
- Job Location: Littleton, MA
- Job#: bh14424
Responsible to architect, implement and validate a distributed control architecture that can be applied across multiple hardware platforms. Contribute to the architecture, design, development and troubleshooting of complex real time embedded software and related hardware systems. Work at the interface of hardware and software implementing both control and monitoring algorithms. This includes all aspects from user interfaces to direct hardware control, inter-processor communications and web-based connectivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Contribute to the architecture and implementation of a distributed control system.
- Conduct and participate in software analysis, planning, design, implementation, and code reviews.
- Document requirements, architecture, and detailed design specifications.
- Develop and test high quality software using best practice methodologies.
- Comfortable with reviewing and offering constructive criticism of board schematics.
- Collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team (optics, electronics, mechanical) to achieve company goals.
- Assure software systems meet FDA 510k, EN 62304, and other approval standards as required.
- Utilize Microsoft Visual Studio 2019+ and Team Foundation Server (TFS) to create and maintain source code, bug reports and requirements.
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
Qualifications (Select the minimum qualifications required for this position to successfully achieve business requirements)
Bachelor’s degree required – BSCS/BSEE
8+ years relevant experience in embedded software, medical software development experience (FDA 510K, EN62304) required
- Expert in C/C++ for embedded processors
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Agile software development processes
- Hardware/software interfaces
- RTOS-based architecture and design
- ARM Cortex A9, Microchip PIC processor experience a plus
- Medical software development experience (FDA 510k, EN62304)
- Realtime multitasking kernels – QNX, SMX, VxWorks, Integrity, or similar a plus.
- Windows C#, Embedded Linux, Python experience a plus.
- Device driver experience a plus.
- Familiar with unit test philosophy on embedded software
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!