Sr Electrical Engineer
Tewksbury, MA 01810 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Sr Electrical Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Perm
- Pay rate: $110-145k
- Job Location: Tewksbury, MA
- Job# 15424
Project: Developing the Next Generation Organ Care System.. exceptional electrical engineer with a proven track record of delivering innovative new technologies to the medical device market. A successful candidate will be able to quickly learn new technologies and, create and test electrical solutions to achieve its application for organ preservation. The ideal candidate will be extremely creative, highly motivated and has brought new technologies into complex devices. We are redefining the organ transplant market and want someone with a demonstrated record of curiosity, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Contribute to cross-functional engineering efforts for a complex, software-controlled electro-mechanical medical device comprised of capital equipment and disposables
- Contribute mainly to new product development but also support existing product line
- Responsible for designing and rapid prototyping concepts and iterating through the design process
- Ensure compliance with Design Control regulations, including, but not limited to, specification development, risk analysis, design reviews and verification and validation protocols and reports
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering to ensure new electrical designs are capable of being assembled and tested using advanced manufacturing automation
- Responsible for writing electrical subsystem verification test protocols and reports
- Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams and leadership
- Design and develop PCBA functional test fixtures - LabView experience a plus
- Prepare and execute EMC test plans
- Provide direct support to contract manufacturers for supply of PCB assemblies and PCB-level components
- Generate and through formal change order processes, maintain schematic, PCB and PCBA documents
- Create written specifications and functional description documents
- Prepare for and lead electrical design reviews, and contribute to system-level design reviews
- Work collaboratively with external design services
- Address field issues by determining root cause and implementing corrective actions as necessary
- 8 to 10 years of experience performing circuit design and PCB layout for complex electro-mechanical medical devices
- Circuit design experience to Include microprocessor, analog, digital, motion control, power supplies and battery power management
- OrCAD Capture & Allegro PCB Designer experience strongly preferred
- Successful track record of working in high-growth and dynamic organizations
- Demonstrated record of curiosity, innovation and creative problem solving with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be reliable, a self-starter, able to work Independently, as well as work collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of medical device development processes including experience with FDA CFR 820 and ISO 13485 regulations
- Skilled at reworking PCB assemblies while performing soldering/de-soldering of fine pitch PCB components
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Advanced degree strongly preferred
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!