Sr. Accountant I - 17428794
Huntsville, AL 35801 US
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Sr. Accountant
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
- Duration: Temp
- Pay rate: $47/hr
- Job Location: Huntsville, AL
- Job# 14959
The Sr. Accountant I support the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or a combination of general accounting systems, maintains and reconciles ledger accounts; balances books periodically; maintains receipts and disbursement reports. This individual may assist or support accounting management in the preparation of management reporting, financial analysis and financial statements. This position contributes to and supports the company's research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
- Helps to ensure the accuracy of financial and management reporting by completing trend analyses and reconciliation of balance sheet balances with transaction ledgers.
- Maintains the organization of accounts, departments and projects within the accounting systems to support all requested reporting.
- Assist with discrepant invoices on a recurring basis
- Assist with payment processing
- Ensure that invoices are being vouchered when received and that we are up to date with the various vendor’s payments
- Review and answer employees questions related to accounts payables procedures.
- Maintains reports to support financial reporting, management requests and needs for analysis.
- Supports computer system enhancements and implementations that may impact financial and management reporting.
- Supports the monitoring of internal controls to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of 5 years accounting experience is required. A minimum of 4 years corporate accounting experience is required.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written are required.
- Experience interfacing with all levels of management is a must.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong attention to detail with an ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is required.
- Requires knowledge of GAAP, internal controls and financial computer systems.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration is required
- CORPORATE ACCOUNTING
- BALANCE SHEET
- INTERNAL CONTROLS
- MICROSOFT EXCEL
- MICROSOFT WORD
- STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- ACCOUNTING MANAGEMENT
- ACCOUNTING SYSTEMS
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLES
- FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- FINANCIAL REPORTING
- FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- GENERAL ACCOUNTING
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to . We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!